I have just moved back to Bilborough after being away for more years than I care to remember. I got married in 1976 and then moved to Doncaster as my husband got a job there. I always thought of Nottingham as my home and my husband and I were planning to move back in the next few years. Unfortunately this was not to be as he passed away earlier this year so I decided to come home to be with my family. Moving was very stressful but I am glad to be back.

Welcome!  Sorry to hear of your loss but I hope you soon settle in to your new life in your old town.  I lived my first couple of years in Bilborough  ( 1949 to about 1951/2) on Glaisdale Drive in what was then a prefab,  but rebuilt many years ago.  I've also decided that if I'm ever left 'alone' up here in Merseyside, I'll move back to Nottm to be with my family.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi there and welcome to you Stavertongirl.  Hope you find plenty to interest you on the forum and look forward to reading some of your memories.  

I’ve just read your post on BGS thread and although I didn’t attend the school I went out with Daryl Barker for a little while in 1966, I’ve still got a Beach Boys LP he gave me for my 17th birthday.  I believe he went on to become a school teacher, hope he wasn’t as cruel as the teacher who thumped him in your school recollections.  

• Upvote 1

Welcome Stavertongirl . So sorry of your sad loss but feel sure that you will enjoy our group and make many new friends here. The meetups are great if you can manage to get to one. Don't worry about not knowing anyone they will soon make you feel at home.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your welcome. Still finding my way around at the moment. Think I am finding what I want by chance rather than purpose. So glad my sister told me about this it is excellent.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Hi LizzieM. From what I can remember he was a quiet boy, never in trouble. There was just him and his mum I think.

48 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

Hi LizzieM. From what I can remember he was a quiet boy, never in trouble. There was just him and his mum I think.

Yes, I have only scant memories of him now but do remember he was tall, didn’t have a Dad and lived in Bilborough. He was working at EMEB offices on Carrington Street at that time but I found him on Friends Reunited many years ago and he’d posted that he was a school teacher.  

His best pal at the time was Pete Ottawell (spelling?), not sure if they’d been schoolfriends.