It certainly is. I'd check the other telly in the bog to see if he's on there too but I'm busy watching a programme about a 'wheeler dealer' geezer that buys cars, spends the same again in bits, gets his mechanic who takes ages to fix them up and sells them for a few quid more than he originally paid. Fascinating stuff.

TBI,

Ah, Wheeler Dealers. Better to record it so that you can fast forward through the parts when Mike Brewer is on. As a presenter, he’s more irritating than a dose of head lice.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Just setting the table for dinner (servants have day off on Sundays) and I noticed that Bradley Walsh was on some quiz program in the sitting room TV but also, at the same time, on the kitchen TV  in Doctor Who. How can this be?

So are you now warming to the idea of a female doctor, Phil?   Or was it your wife who was watching?

1 hour ago, TBI said:

I stopped watching Dr Who when they changed the Doctor, the bloke that was in Carry on Sergeant.

Was that the first series with William Hartnell from The Army Game?

I agree - it went downhill after that.

5 hours ago, BilboroughShirley said:

I remember the Army Game now. My grandfather used to like it! Memories!

Thanks! that's knocked my duck off. Your grandfather?... in my head I'm somewhere in my 20's... now I feel old.

• Like 5

Army Game ITV, Friday nights after Take Your Pick 'starring' Michael Miles with Alec Dane on the gong in the Yes-No interlude and Bob Danvers Walker doing the narration. "Take the money or open the box" was one of the famed catchphrases of the show.

Must not forget Double You Money on Mondays and Thursdays 'starring' Hughie Green (and his 'assistant' Monica Rose).

What a cultured childhood!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonab said:

Army Game ITV, Friday nights after Take Your Pick 'starring' Michael Miles with Alec Dane on the gong in the Yes-No interlude and Bob Danvers Walker doing the narration. "Take the money or open the box" was one of the famed catchphrases of the show.

Must not forget Double You Money on Mondays and Thursdays 'starring' Hughie Green (and his 'assistant' Monica Rose).

Don't forget "Bernie the Bolt" from the late sixties with Bob Monkhouse or "It's a knockout" with Eddie Waring commentating

• Like 1

Those two are of a later era and I had more interesting things to do.

Also, Bob Monkhouse had the unique talent for inducing instant nausea in me so I was unable to watch the programme.

• Like 1

There used to be a ‘Great International Sporting Club’ event at the Albany each year. A boxing evening organised br Reg King. Formal dinner, dinner jackets, no cheering during the fights, just applause. Midway through the evening there would be a top comedian. Bob Monkhouse was one. Very blue for the men only occasion but extremely funny. My favourite was Bernard Manning. Not to everyone’s taste I agree!

• Like 1