• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That puerile, vacuous, inane, unfunny, callow, infantile Michael McIntyre (and tautology!)

#247: How about one of these:

This "Taking The Knee" malarkey, before every football match & sporting events, once was enough, but every match, NOW STOP IT 

I don't get to see my sisters much these days, but whenever we are together walking, we would always link arms, or walk with an arm round each other, and sometimes even hold hands. We would kiss on meeting and departing, and we love each other. I'm not stopping it now, but I know what it might look like to people who don't know us. Mind you we all look alike, so perhaps you can tell we are sisters.:)

• Like 5

We do benj, I have one sister here in West Mids, she married a Black Country fellow as well. The twins were only six when I left Nottm, but mum bought us up to be very loving and it stayed with us. Phone calls and Texts always end with 'Love You'  and kisses. We are a very sploshy lot. xxx:Kiss:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.........love the aggro' so day not all bad.....

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.......and on the way had some road rage with an idiot on Southwark street Old Basford, obviously he started it and was in the wrong,,he also threatened violence,, just not my day.....

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

..   got the two finger sign and silently told me ''F off Ben'' with a lovely smile.... I know she wants me really.......lol.

In a previous life, you must've been a cat, with an allowance of more than the usual 9 lives.

• Like 3

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists a great book wrote over a 100 years ago, a must read book if only to understand how some people react and behave, times may change but behaviour remains the same.

• Like 1

Why are those who throw their rubbish out of car windows not all buried at the very bottom of Room 101!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

May I put the smell of "Wet dog" into room 101, please? It is one of the few things I really can't stomach.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Every single FEMALE Sports Commentator please.

I enjoy most sports, watching rather than participating these days, but I just cannot handle listening to females commentating on football and cricket on tv, and even rugby recently.  To me it’s just not right and they all have that whiny voice too ...... mind you, a lot of the Male commentators and presenters don’t seem to have a lot up top.   Bring back Kenneth Wolstenholme, and John Motson (he nearly bought our previous house, lovely man, name-dropping, sorry) 

• Like 1

I find it is the exact opposite here Lizzie. The female commentators especially in the cricket are so much better than the males. They don't bombard you with inane babble of anecdotes from their tours of Kickatinalong or of stupid behaviour in hotels, clubs and bars. They have the ability to let the pictures tell the story and keep quiet and only talk when they can add some insight into what we can see.

• Like 1

I sometimes watch BBC World News via satellite and noticed very recently that they are now employing AMERICAN female newreaders. I don't mean English newsreaders in the USA but the ones reading the general news bulletins. 

I detest the whining twang of the general female American voice and I think that having it thrust at me like that is just not on.

Aren't there any English newsreaders waiting on the sidelines to take over if/when there is a shortage?

Another objection I have is the reporting of personal and private information regarding the various presenters e.g the difficulties of a newsreader (and wife) in becoming pregnant and their spending of tens and tens of thousands of ££££ on IVF.