People who turn around and gaup at you, nosily listening to your conversation with another.

People who think I'm invisible and try to walk through me, or jump in front of me in a cue.

You open a door for someone and they say nothing.

Drivers on cell phones!!!!!. sorry mobiles, that's the American in me.

Police officers you never see, until it's a nice sunny day, and then they slowly walk through town, while the criminals elsewhere have a field day.

People in shops you pay for your goods then they say,''anything else;?. just spent a grand!.

Shop assistants who come up and say,''Can I help you?. I get that fed up with a troglodyte in cash converters in Worksop, the next time he doe's it. I'll say yes.ok What's the aspect ratio of this Tv,? how many hertz?, Cmoss ot TTL?.

People who stupidly ask me, ''Are those dogs yours''?. No I answer. I nicked em going to get the ransom money. Yes I'm able to own a dog contrary to belief.

Then I'm out carrying my guitar. ''is that a guitar''?. No I reply it's, an ironing board. ''can you play?'''' No, I just carry it around''

Girls dressed in belts not skirts, who pull it down when you look?.

People who get in your way when filming, or come up talking, ''is that a camera''? what ye filminhg?.

Those who hit you with their bags, don't say sorry. If I hit them, I'd be arrested.

New People who move into your village, and think they own the place, and campaign for this or that.

​Desolate Scottish island here I come. De Da.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That puerile, vacuous, inane, unfunny, callow, infantile Michael McIntyre (and tautology!)

#247: How about one of these:

This "Taking The Knee" malarkey, before every football match & sporting events, once was enough, but every match, NOW STOP IT 

People who nudge you on the arm to make sure your listening to them, but won't let you get a word in.

Remedy. 'The pork pie Technique.'. When someone won't let you get a word in, Just say Pork pie, when their on flow. repeat it if you have too.

somewhere a long the line, they'll stop and say,''Pork pie''?. as though your crazy but it works. most of the time.

People who shout at you. whisper back, they have to stop shouting to hear you. most of the time. Just a few techniques I used in my work years ago.

If that's the case why do people go to London?...to play 'Spot the Cockney?

No it' aint...that's me.

Good point why do they?.They could come to Sheffield and try to spot a local Made in Sheffield person. got more chance of winning the lottery.

No it's me.

I hate to see Irish and British Bars in other countries, Why would I want to go in one?

Early visits to Los Angeles, well meaning friends took me to a 'British Pub'!

Me too, their so tacky. same as fishop's. You don't get Cod, but Hake, all bone.

I hate the term full English breakfast. especially when you get American hash brownies, derrr!!. They ought to change it to grease on a plate. 10,000 calorie breakfast. or Heart attack special. So much for our native culinary skills. De Da.

#169 Bit of a rash statement there Pete.I'll leave it at that.

Of course not ecery one islike that but many are, only speaking the truth. Thank you.De Da.

If your talkig about cooking, I was brought up on good foreign food. De Da.

Love and best wishes to everyone. De Da.

Thank you, maybe I'm better off just reading, than commenting. take care. De Da.

Comments are fine, and I personally had a good laugh at an earlier post, girls who pull there skirts down etc.

Prolific quality writings are welcome here, I personally hate over quoting or unnecessary quote. it uses our bandwidth ang bloats our database.

Requested removals done.

Nah geronweeit.

Thank you Mick, your a great guy. not sure what you mean about over quoting. Can't seem to do much right on here at the moment. take good care. De Da. Those skirts.

Back to topic:

Babies; children; teens and twenties.

Nottstalgia members excepted ;)

Lycra clad freaks who think they're too good to ride in the cycle lanes provided.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know which ones you mean, Never any problems @ LAX, MIA, MCO or LAS.

However Charles De Gaul was the worst ever, particularly rude staff.

Amsterdam Schiphol was the best ever airport I traveled via, with KLM the best airline.

Alicante in Spain has to be the worst for me.

We flew out from Manchester with 2 cases (Under the 22 kilo allowance) and 3 pieces of hand luggage, no problems were encountered whatsoever, each piece of hand luggage being made to measure, (Except my fishing bag , which was still 'undersize')

On returning home the guy at check in said our cases were too heavy, regardless of the fact they both had exactly the same stuff in them, apart from a bottle of Cognac in each one. We then stood there and took a couple of shirts and things out of both cases and put them into the other hand luggage (Except my fishing bag.) That was all it took 2 effing shirts and a pair of shorts !

Then on trying to board the plane home a pair of jumped up 'officials' decided our hand luggage was too big (Despite it being 'bespoke' to fit in to their required measuring device.) On demonstrating this to them , all of a sudden it be came my fishing bag that was too big ! I then proceeded to take a load of stuff out and we put it in our coat pockets and walked on !!

Stupid officious armpits

I dont know which ones you mean, Never any problems @ LAX, MIA, MCO or LAS.

However Charles De Gaul was the worst ever, particularly rude staff.

Amsterdam Schiphol was the best ever airport I traveled via, with KLM the best airline.

Sorry, I missed this post.

The problem was not with the airports as such, I only wrote that to keep it short.

It was the American authorities, and the constant questioning, but it may have been my fault, because I am an ex Greenpeace employee, from 1982 to 2005, and I have had several scrapes with the American police, on demonstrations, so every time I went through security it took me a lot longer than the rest, in SFO it took me nearly 3 hours, to go through the system, the others took about 1 hour,

Never used Charles De Gaul, If I have to fly I use Luxemburg it is a lot closer, and a lot cheaper to fly from, flying from France is expensive.

The Greenpeace connection looks like the problem :)

Never had any problems getting through US Immigration myself.

The always asked the same questions, and I always gave the same answer.

How long will you be here? - 2 weeks.

What is the purpose of your visit? - To visit my father.

After about 9 years of this and two visits a year, one immigration officer commented...

"I cant understand why you don't live here?"