Had a family of about 10 plonk themselves not 20 foot away from us on the beach, I'm now finding that Leeds/Wakefield/Barnley accent annoying not from the blokes it's the women, ones puffing on a vape tank the size of a packet of biscuits that's never left her hand, in the other hand her iPhone which she's now talking to her Mam back in the UK via video link, I'm surprised you can't hear her? Half sleeve of tattoos & three stone over weight ..... Broken Britain. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That puerile, vacuous, inane, unfunny, callow, infantile Michael McIntyre (and tautology!)

#247: How about one of these:

This "Taking The Knee" malarkey, before every football match & sporting events, once was enough, but every match, NOW STOP IT 

Surely these 101ers go with the territory?

I like to hear them rowing on the balcony or poolside..especially when he doesn't top up her drink..and duly cracks open another can.

And going topless constantly.

"I paid for 'em..you show 'em babe".

• Like 1

Ray't annoying t'yorkshire foke, sorry Den no photo, been trying to get one all week of this German woman who is the spit of Arsene Wenger! Hectic night last night witnessed two fights and a hit & run ..... Brits abroad eh?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any of a multitude of so called 'Comedians' and others, who are arrogant, controlling, egotistical, self satisfying, know it all, in your face, bragging, manipulative, deluded, fantasising, pushy, insecure Walter Mitties ! 

• Like 1

Comedian,,            I try, but not very good,

Arrogant,,               Never,

Controlling,,           Never, 

Self satisfying,,      A bit,, 

Know it all,,             I know nothing

In ya face,,               Never,

Bragging,,               I try not to,,but its hard,,

Egotistical              A bit,, ok more than a bit

Manipulative          Never

Deluded                   Yes

Fantasising             Yes

Pushy                        Never

Insecure                   No

Walter Mitty             Yes

Fly          does this keep me out of room 101   ?   LOL

• Upvote 1

It certainly does Ben. It was almost like reading my own attributes there.

• Like 1

Thanks Fly...........Phew, i were'nt sure,  anyone else to take the test ?.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't really know where 'room 101' gets its name,, but its a TV programme where guests are invited to nominate things/people that they really don't like,   to push into     bit like things that 'pee you off'       

Room 101 in the novel 1984 was where you were subjected to your greatest fear - like rats in a cage over your head!

• Like 1

Thanks  Red,, Jill,, and Margie,, you learn everyday on Nottstalgia,,.............

11 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Room 101 in the novel 1984 was where you were subjected to your greatest fear - like rats in a cage over your head!

Or, in Ben's case, a world without females! :mellow:

• Like 3

You were subjected to such an ordeal after being arrested for "thoughtcrime", the act of THINKING or HOLDING unspoken beliefs or doubts that were opposed by the totalitarian state.

In 1984 the past and history were erased, the erasure was forgotten and the Lie became the Truth. 

To be fair to this Forum and our implicit agreement to no political discourse, I draw no conclusion as to what is happening in the UK right now but leave that thought for you to ponder upon, but be careful because thoughtcrime exists now., 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Comedian,,            Can't remember jokes

Arrogant,,               Mmm can be at times

Controlling,,           Nah, can't be ar**d

Self satisfying,,      Not even sure I know what this means

Know it all,,             I know a bit but theres more I don't know

In ya face,,               Never,

Bragging,,               It's 'ard to be 'umble when you're perfect.  ;)

Egotistical              Ask others about this

Manipulative          As with controlling

Deluded                   Probably

Fantasising             Yes... oh boy do I have fantasies   :Shock:

Pushy                        Never

Insecure                   Can be in a crowd

Walter Mitty             I'm not but not sure about the others that live in my head

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm to think to understand the questions or meanings or bothered, read out & answered by Mrs Red she must know after 35 odd years? 

Comedian - witty sometimes dry

Arrogant - sometimes 

Controlling - can be

Self Satisfying - Happy

Know it all - now & then

In ya face - no

Bragging - no

Egotistical - no

Manipulative - same as controlling 

Deluded - no

Fantasising - can be 

Pushy - can be 

Insecure - nah

Walter Mitty - O'yes 

• Like 1

Repetitive though aren't you RR ?

I'm slightly all of the things mentioned, but the thing is, I'm nice with it ! Oh, and charming to boot !

It's the aforementioned and others that are the problem ! 

Room 101........could have put loads of people in it today   I usually enjoy the different bits of work I do,, not today,,my regular lady for a dance turned me down,,said she had a bad cold huh, that was 9am.......had the music already for her  ''my boy Lollipop''......9.30 client f'ing and blinding cos the showers were only warm,i wasn't happy told him 'ne mind eh'.....10am  Lady in fitness suite not a member, told her pay-up mi duck or go,, not happy but paid up,, 11am load of footballers turned up, all smoking and again f'ing and blinding,told them 'desist' we have kids here......gave me some 'verbals' but did as I told em,

11.30 my Syrian and Punjabi friends showed up,,all polite and smiling,, thought ey-up days getting better,,did for a bit,then a Party for kids crowd arrived,  ''bleddy nightmare'' swearing worse than the football crew plus all had fags on,, obviously told em,got loads of abuse,but eventually calmed down.........and to top it all some youngster I work with had tried to stitch me up.....told the company I went missing for 3 hours a couple of weeks ago,complete lie,, rang the h/o but no reply.....But will have the culprit tomorrow Big-time, his ass won't touch......love the aggro' so day not all bad.....but plenty to go in room 101,        sack me if they want, ........their loss...........

I like a challenge Jill, and today was certainly challenging,, as much as I moaned about the day,,in a perverse sort of way enjoyed it,,what I didn't mention was,i had to go home for my Security licence which I forgot and can't work without,,and on the way had some road rage with an idiot on Southwark street Old Basford, obviously he started it and was in the wrong,,he also threatened violence,, just not my day.......and i'm so nice        lol.

• Like 1

Not that I want to put her in room 101,, but also today went into Bulwell to get some keys cut for the firm I work for sometimes,, and saw an old flame fro early 60s,,who has had throat cancer and can't speak,,          said ey-up Josie (shes been on her own a few years) when do you want me to move in with you ?        got the two finger sign and silently told me ''F off Ben'' with a lovely smile.... I know she wants me really.......lol.

• Like 2