Photobucket is back

Many Nottstsalgia people will remember last year Photobucket stopped their free hosting of images, and demanded a large payment to allow photos to appear wherever they’d been posted. It meant that most images on Nottstalgia disappeared and were replaced by this……..

ek34WPa.jpg

It seems that Photobucket have now realised they screwed things up and have backtracked. Hosting will now continue to be free….just like it used to be. All images which disappeared have now returned. (Look back through Nottstalgia for proof.)

The funny part of it is that the executive who thought up the idea “is now no longer working for the company”.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

That's good to hear.  Funny thing is I don't think they dumped mine.  I didn't have a lot on there anyway.  What do you recommend now?  Stay where we are with PI or move back to PB.  I'm not sure I even kept my password for PB.

Photobucket is still a charge site for embedding photos, as far as I'm concerned, they can go screw themselves, it's not the charging that pees me off, it's the way they shut embedding down without a single warning to all it's loyal members.

• Like 2

Can't argue with that, John.  They've certainly caused NS a lot of problems.  I never actually closed my account because as I noted my photos still seemed to be there.  I figured if I closed my account it would just create more problems for NS.

I removed all mine and closed the account.