Several people have commented that New Basford Lad hadn’t posted here for a while.

Sadly,  we now know why.  He passed away on August 11th.

Colin Harris (NBL) made many posts on Nottstalgia since joining in 2013,  and I’m sure he will be missed by many.

Dreadful news. I had a feeling something was wrong because it was so unlike him to disappear like that. I didn't know his surname so couldn't investigate further.

He will be greatly missed.  Hope he finds his way to Chullaspoons NS Emporium in the Ethernet. Condolences to his beloved lady wife who will be devastated.

Oh no, that’s terrible news.  I only met Colin a couple of times and found him to be a lovely man. What a shock, we have and will miss him.  RIP big man and sincere condolences to his family.  

So sad. He's already greatly missed. Loved his posts, as we had similar tastes, views and opinions. RIP Col.

• Like 1

Sadly at our age it's one of the first things that come to mind when someone suddenly stops posting. RIP NBL

Very sad news.  R.I.P.

Col

58 minutes ago, katyjay said:

It brings it home to, how fragile life is, NBL made quite a few posts the day before he passed away.  Make the most of every day.

I'd noticed that he had been active on here right up to whatever happened. It may have been sudden. He certainly didn't mention any illness to my recollection but he was quite possibly a person who wouldn't do so and preferred to keep it to himself.  I had been wondering if something had happened to his wife because such was his obvious devotion to her, I don't know how he would have coped with that.

Whatever it was, it has deprived us of a humorous, amiable and helpful fellow member.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So sorry to hear of NBL passing away. I feel sure I met him in January when I went to a meeting. Chulla was waiting for me outside SH with him and introduced me. We talked about Italy and if I remember right he'd been there during the war. My sincere condolences to his family.

• Like 1

I keep thinking about Colin, such a nice man and a great loss to the Nottstalgia community.  He was so helpful when members had gas/boiler problems.  I agreed with him on many topics that had been raised on here too.   He also made the effort to attend a few meet-ups enabling us to get to know him.  So sad and I hope his family are coping.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd only met him once, when I was selling on Hucknall Lane car boot one Sunday about three years ago. I'd a lot of railway books for sale. He didn't buy anything, but we had a long chat, then he introduced himself, and told me to become a member of NS. He didn't realise I'd already been on for several years. A nice chap.