How do I find people's replies to any message I have sent? I see on my screen notification ' you have two responses, but I don't know how to find 'em. I suppose that's the price for a new subscriber who's way out of touch with his home town !!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just changed mine, so it can include Paul as well!

Just tried to put a picture of my head on, computer said it was too big.

Is that C as in Cream Cake?

Welcome Beekay hope you enjoy our site we are a good crowd. 

Do you mean a private message or one written on a topic? I'm not sure if I follow you but knowing us someone will tell you exactly what to do . Enjoy

17 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I think response in that sense means that members have given your posts a 'like' Beekay.

Thank you Jill Sparrow, next question, how can I put a picture on instead of a capitol B in a pink circle?

30 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Welcome Beekay hope you enjoy our site we are a good crowd. 

Do you mean a private message or one written on a topic? I'm not sure if I follow you but knowing us someone will tell you exactly what to do . Enjoy

That's the problem, I don't know what I'm on about. I try and look up things and find myself going back to the same page and reading the same stuff over and over again. Not sure about topics, threads etc. But I'll keep trying as its great to reminisce about my early years  in Radford. Happy days!

• Like 1

Putting an avatar on isn't difficult. Can't be because I managed it!!!

Go into your profile and follow the prompt by clicking on the B that is currently showing but the picture has to be a certain size...I think it tells you what size.

I'm sure the more technical minded members can help if you run into problems.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

How do I find people's replies to any message I have sent? I see on my screen notification ' you have two responses, but I don't know how to find 'em. 

I presume you mean you get a red "Bell" symbol at the top of your screen. 

Click on that and you'll see a list of the notifications you've received.  Click on each of those and it will take you directly to the post in question.

• Like 1

Some images may be too 'big' in terms of data and the system won't let you upload them unless you put them through a 'picture re-sizer'

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MargieH said:

I've just changed mine, so it can include Paul as well!

It looks like your both looking through a long tube. Still at least you've done more than me!

3 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Not any more! 

Why 'not any more?' I really must come back up to Nottingham. B.

Just now, LizzieM said:

Because Margie’s pic is now in a square surround, on my iPad anyway! 

I really am a novice at this lark, but It's thoroughly enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

My avatar looks square on my iPad - but I can understand why it looks strange in a circle - maybe I'll try another one soon