Oldknows factory, St Anns Hill Road

This fantastic Nottingham building is clearly by the same builder who erected a similar lace factory at 100 Talbot Street, demolished in 1970/71 after the fire.(Dakins)  It would be brilliant to have a quick look inside to confirm details of floor construction etc.  It is listed, written stuff about it online, but to actually look inside...…………..

Anyone connected with the main building ? 

Coffee and cakes on me ! (got to drive back to Hull)

Regards,

Terry.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, fogrider said:

It would be brilliant to have a quick look inside to confirm details of floor construction etc.  It is listed, written stuff about it online, but to actually look inside...…………..

If you're on Facebook, there's a FB page dedicated to it. It is currently home to a number of small businesses and they use the FB page to advertise themselves, but there are also general interior photos as well.

I've driven past it many times but never really paid any attention to it.

uf7EZ4N.jpg

Thanks both, not a fan of facebook but it sounds it will be very helpful, I'll have a go.....

The features of that North wall ,above the cars, is , in every detail, the same as the Dakins building. I read the listing details and it ties in exactly with Dakins so I assume it's the same builder. 

Where would we be without Nottstalgians ?

Regards, Terry

Had many happy memories from working in that building. Raywarp being the firm I worked for around 1964/5. It took me a while to recognise it as the name didn't mean anything to me! Looking past the building, I could see the pointed roof of the church hall further down on the same side, more or less opposite Vicarage St (No longer there), so I got my bearings from there. I love that old building, in my time it would have been full of the buzz of sewing machines and Gels singing and laughing.Happy Nottingham days.

Have I earned my cake yet?:biggrin:

38 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Looks a bit like the Flat Iron Building!  Reckon CT got the cakes on this one, Carni!

18 minutes ago, carni said:

Have I earned my cake yet?:biggrin:

Apparently you have to share it with me ;)

12 minutes ago, jonab said:

You mention Raywarp - did they make hairnets?

Yes it was Raywarp. Bath Caps,etc. Alice Bands. I earned fantastic money on those Alice Bands. Some weeks I earned a whopping £20.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Well, I've had a thorough look through the website and facebook pages, there really is an incredible range of photo's, most of my questions answered. Would still like a peek inside to check some dimensions etc. to make sure my drawing is fully to scale. 

Something  to progress, but it has pretty well completed my report into the Dakins fire, can't believe it's 50 years next January since I was at that fire and I didn't even engage warp drive !

Regards all

Is this actually on St Anns Hill? As in St Anns Hill off Woodborough Road across from where I was born. I can neither find it or remember it being there but the building seems familiar.

Got it thanks. Just went on Streetview and that factory suddenly appeared in the middle of my screen. I know why it looked familiar now.