Debenhams & Griffin & Spalding Building

Thanks for the link DaveN .

Got a feeling that a lot of that Griffin and Spalding article was lifted from this very message board . Certainly 3 of the images appeared on here a few years ago :

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/4908-griffin-and-spalding/?page=2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Two minutes of your life you never get back ..... but could you imagine if that link was post on the end of this Debenhams topic which got 24 replies that's nearly double the members that now use this site :Shock: never mind back to your word games, as you where :crazy:  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a very interesting topic to me, as my mum trained and worked at Griffins & Spalding making wedding dresses and vails. Now she was born in 1914 not sure of her age when she started work, but I have her letter of employment from Debenhams of London, so it seam's that it was in fact Debenhams when she worked their and not Griffin's. When walking down the large mahogany stair case I came across a large index book (which is there for people to look at) and it has names and history in all about the shop, and I thought about giving them mum's letter of employment. At the moment it's still with me.

• Like 1