Leslie Sweeney - my mum

My mum was put into Hartley road children's home in 1947/48 with her brothers there is no information about it at all says it was burnt down, then she went into beechwood she has had a terrible and shocking childhood and we can't get no answers from no where any one else hit a brick wall? 

It's rather confusing to work out what you're asking......

On first reading, it appears your mother's name was Shirley Sweeney, but now I'm not so sure.. Is that the name of the person "my mum" who you are referring to ?

And when you say "we can't get no answers..."  what are the question you are asking and who have you asked ?   What do you want to know ?

I can't help you with the Hartley Road home but I believe Beechwood was run by Nottingham or Nottinghamshire local authority. Your mother can make a subject access request (SAR) to view her social care records. You may have already applied for this but if not and you need contact details, please private message me.

• Like 1

There's a little info on this page if you scroll down to the map . Originally it was called the Children's Technical Institution , 51 Hartley Road  and according to this , it finally closed down in 1961.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Nottingham/#Schools

Looking at news reports and adverts for staff ,in the late 1940s ,  the home appears to have been run by a Mr and Mrs Oates , (she was the matron) .

My mum had a visit from Nottinghamshire police regarding the children's homes she was in but unfortunately the abusers are either dead or too old now so they dropped her case and told her to do it privately that's all but everywhere we turn records have been destroyed x