• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never knowingly stolen anything, never knowingly cheated anyone. never claimed benefits.... Never go out without a polished halo!    

@radfordred You're a kind son RR.  Make the most of having your mum still alive... I wish I could do stuff for my mum, but she's no longer here 

I shall be wishing the same thing on Sunday, Margie.  I still find it hard to see the cards for mothering Sunday and not buy one but there will be a large vase of flowers next to her photo.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, radfordred said:

I only walk up & down it with a lawn mower & Mrs Red to hang the washing out. 

Fancy taking a lawnmower to hang out the washing!...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Pearsons nursery,garden center and tea rooms Whitemoor lane between Newark and Collingham, very good quality products at very good prices, I got 3 X 56 ltr bags of Irish peat compost for a tenner, Pansies in trays of a dozen were three for a tenner,

Rog

• Upvote 1

On my list Rog !

• Like 1

Best way to find it Fly is go up the A46 from Newark,round the showground island heading for Lincoln and take the turn off for Norton Disney and Brough (just past the Brough rest area)  turn left at the junction towards Collingham, the garden center is about a mile and a bit down there

Rog

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rog. Have you visited the one at Donnington Hall ?

Not visited the garden center,it's only about five or six miles from home, must make the effort and go,they have a cycle shop now

Rog

It's the one my daughter regularly uses, as she only lives in LN1. 

• Like 1

I'm in LN5 so about the same distance, tend not to go to Pennels at Hykeham though I found them to be quite expensive

Rog

VERY expensive, but they used to do a good bacon sarni !

• Like 1

Not a bad place Phil, nice to have a walk around the lakes as well,keep an eye open for the big carp near the edge and the pair of black swans near the cafe area

Rog

• 3 months later...

Crikey ....... Just been on News ... These bleddy garden centres are causing unrepairable problems for the environment & future generations! Using black plastic & bring in peat from Ireland & bugs from abroad , don't blame me I've never been in one! Shut them down, save the planet  :crazy:

Tonight Program at 7.30 on ITV 

• Upvote 1

Aye up RR, I need my regular supply of bacon cobs ! Agree about peat and bugs though. 

• Like 1