Douglas Shelton

Yesterday went to Mansfield Crem to say good buy to a dear friend. Douglas Shelton 

Doug did such a lot for the over 50s Club Hucknall, he was also secretary of Hucknall Titchfield Park Bowls he never had a bad word to say about any one, one of the best things he did was to arrange the over 50s holidays. He and his wife Joyce would see to every thing including the insurance which was not easy as ages from 50 to 80ish had a lot of health issues. Doug and his wife Joyce were always their to answer any questions that you would have, we have had some great holidays abroad with Doug. You will be sadly missed Doug,

GOOD NIGHT DOUG

RIP.

• Like 1

Mary, came across Doug in the mid 60's when I started my apprenticeship at Players.  He was a fitter and had to supervise me for a time and help me with a tricky test piece, fitting a square within a square!  I also played football with him in the engineers team.  Bumped into him a few years back at the passing of another Players engineer.  A good man and a pleasure to have known him.

• Like 1