• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Your lot wouldn't let us in. We'd have to quarantine on Tasmania for about 3 months, then they could say no. Especially after We'd made an illegal voyage on an inflatable. 

When the lady in my life dressed in Red...it always told me something......it said ''be good i can be dangerous''.......Black told me something else.. much nicer.....Blue or Green was mostly 'Neutral''....but often surprised me.....:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Beekay said:

Your lot wouldn't let us in.

Beekay, at the moment we are even restricting entry to our own citizens and as of 14th July the cap on numbers returning will be further reduced. All cases of covid in Australia have their origin in returned overseas travelers 

Our government's implementation of the vaccination roll out has been an omni-shambles and they are still following an eradication strategy. If they want to achieve this then they need to fully close the borders. They would be far better getting on with vaccinating us all as quick as they can.

• Like 1

But if Australians aren't allowed in to their own country after visiting abroad, where are they supposed to go and what do they do??

I guess stay with family, friends or run up mega hotel bills, I don't know but what is more important our federal government does not seem to care.

The latest data indicates that there are some 34-36,000 Australian citizens and permanent residents who want to come home and the list is growing. We are only going to allow 3,035 people to return to Australia a week from July 14th.

From the start of the pandemic having closed the borders the federal government has stubbornly refused to recognise that hotel quarantine is not ideal, in containing covid and that it needs to purpose build quarantine accommodation if it wants to continue with the eradication strategy.

It's a bugger when your own country won't let you come home.

Do they become displaced persons? A bit like that lot in the channel.

Thought ey-up''....bit quiet again on 'Nottstalgia...........so must be time for 'Polly Brown'' and ''Pickettywitch''.............fell in love with 'Polly'' after seeing her live in my Birmingham days...70ish..........love to do it all again...''just one more time'' think i took 'Margaret 'from 'Alum Rock' to see them in Tamworth...but then again could have been 'Gwyneth'' from Chelmsley wood''.........don't matter both nearly as lovely as ''Polly''...........happy days....

Just watched u-tube "Balva Hola" first went there to see the High Kings, the following year went to see the "Kilkennys"  just have invited  to watch them by steming (not sure of spelling) cost E12 euros, for thoes who don't know Balva Hola is a large cave in Balva  Germany, After the war the british wanted to blow the cave up, but the people of the village ask them if they would leave the cave alone. Now the cave is used for parties, weddings, shows, and more. Each year in Auguest they have a "Irish Folk Festival" and seeing as my bother lives in Belva we normaly go.

Back to u-tube this is what I was watching, The Irish Folk Festival.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful morning....feeling good......love to have had a Dance with the lovely 'Whitney''

Perhaps next time round 'Hey Girl' ?

Sat with my Cats and Coffee the Sun is shining......and i'm listening to a lovely song..........

Have a good day Y'all.........miss Loppy.........

• Like 3

He still drops in now and again, Ben.  Last time I communicated with him, he was busier than a 3 legged sheepdog! Tatties and so forth to nurture, not to mention all the Georgia pesticles to deal with.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Sat with my Cats and Coffee the Sun is shining......and i'm listening to a lovely song..........

Have a good day Y'all.........miss Loppy.........

Eyeup Ben.  Thanks for thinking of me. Still scrattin arahnd as Jill said.   Right side still weak everything takes longer, even cocking me leg on a post.  Lol.  Keep doing though, I`d rather die on me paws than cringing in me recliner.  I think this last couple of years has taken a toll on all of us.

Dave.

• Like 2

A cookie!? a COOKIE??? you need to come home LL and have the chip removed...   unionflag

• Like 1

Oh No!  Chocolate bad for dogs!  Gotta have Peanut butter dog BISCUITS. LOL.  See, Brew I haven`t forgotten the correct term.  Just been among these Yanks so long it`s rubbed off on me.  smile2

You'll be whistling "Yankie Doodle Wotsit" next. Or packing yer snap in Stars and Stripes.

• Like 1

Do they still make Good Boy Doggie Chox?  They were chocolate drops especially for hounds. They were very popular.  In the early 70s, I had one of those fashionable long cardigans in pale green mohair. Visiting a friend who had a pooch, I put some Doggie Choc in the pocket. Next time I looked, the chox had been eaten and so had the pocket! They must have been good!

• Upvote 1