Don`t know, Jill.  Not sure what`s wrong with chocolate, but it is said to be dangerous for dogs, especially dark chocolate.   Sorry about your cardigan.  Jake would eat through concrete to get at food.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Armitage Pet Foods of Colwick bought Good Boy dog chocs. They were based in Leicester. They were clients of my accountancy firm. I remember being sent there back in the 60's to observe a stock check. I had to climb a ladder up the side of a silo of molten chocolate to verify the contents.

You can still get them and are owned by Armitages.

We used to give our collie those Good Boy choc drops. Until my brother got peckish one day and ate a whole packet. 

Didn’t cause him any issues, although he had to steer clear of lampposts for a while. 

• Upvote 1

Come on you lot!! this is supposed to be a music thread..  not a doggy thread...

Still... I'll meet you half way with some really believable musical doggy stories... :rolleyes:

And finally, the episode where the bloke in the mask and unfeasibly tight trousers kidnaps the little boy......:Shock:

They don't make 'em like that anymore...  I can't imagine why...

• Like 1

Coming much more up to date.. to 1966.

More on ? and the Mysterians.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%3F_and_the_Mysterians

Dig!!

How much is that doggy in the window?

The one with the waggly tail?

How much is that doggy in the window?

I do hope that doggy's for sale!

Oh, who is that mending of the fuse box?

The hound with the loppy-eared locks?

He's handy with wires or plugs and sockets.

For wages he gets Doggie Chox!   :P

• Like 2

@Oztalgian:  Oz, I remember the first time I heard '1-2-3'.  it was played on a BBC 'pop' programme in a rare example of a sort of early pop video.  The sound was infectious and very fresh at the time.  Later I played 1-2-3 as a sort of 'R&B' standard at the 360.. along with the follow up 'Like a Baby.'  The latter sounds a bit questionable now when you listen to the lyrics.. but still a great sound.

Fab video here...: with a lot of very 'Mod' looking 'Mericun' kids.

I was unaware that Barry was formerly with the Dovells.. or of other aspects of his career.  I was also unaware that he died Nov. 5th last year.  They are all leaving...:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Barry

• Like 1

And for tonight's choice..  Amen Corner..  Andy Fairweather - Low always looked to me as if he wondered what the hell he was doing there.. but the girls went crazy for him and he went on well after the 1960s lunacy... Still performing I think...

If I'm not mistaken, Hello Susie was written by Roy Wood, of The Move, who also recorded the song.  About that time, a group of us went over to Alton Towers where we saw the Move play live..  I think it was a Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

just booked to see The Kilkenys in

Live Summer Music Steam

from Matt the Millers  Bar Ireland

watching this 7 30

cost me 12 euros 50

well worth it if it is like there Christmas show.

7 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Andy Fairweather - Low always looked to me as if he wondered what the hell he was doing there.

You've jogged my memory again, DJ. In the Attic box I've got his spider jiving.

I really must check that the discs haven't been damaged by this heat.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

And for tonight's choice..  Amen Corner..  Andy Fairweather - Low always looked to me as if he wondered what the hell he was doing there.. but the girls went crazy for him and he went on well after the 1960s lunacy... Still performing I think...

What surprises me is that since Amen Corner finished, Andy F-L has spent most of his time as a guitarist playing in Eric Clapton's band, or Roger Waters' band, or Bill Wyman's. 

Obviously a hidden talent which he ignored when he was in Amen Corner.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

the Move play live

I seem to remember that "Flowers in the Rain", great song, was the first record played on Radio One. Always liked Blackberry Way and Fire Brigade too.

• Like 1

I'm going all retro topical tonight...Anybody remember this?

And I can't resist putting in Kyu Sakamoto's epic hit 'Sukiyaki'.

Please look at the comments on You Tube, especially the first one from JayFizzle..which tells a lovely story. Sadly Kyu left us.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Good grief DJ360 I had totally forgotten about that one

But isn't that video just brilliant!?  Those kids are all trying so hard to be cool..

Also.. did we all notice what was a going on in the Chris Montez' 'Let's Dance' video.  That was classic American Bandstand.with some guy picking out couples and shoving them into shot to do 'their' dance.. for about 10 seconds, then unceremoniously replacing them with others.  Fab stuff..

DJ360, Kyu Sakamoto sadly killed with 519 others when Japan Airlines flight 123 crashed into a mountain during a flight from Tokyo to Osaka. It remains the worlds deadliest single aircraft accident. Caused by a faulty repair of a rear pressure bulkhead on a Boeing 747 SR after a tail strike some seven years earlier.

Indeed.  Not good.

Just a couple more tonight.  Who would have thought.. in 1967 that this lot would go on to be so huge..?

And a couple more from their debut album 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn':

Fab days.... Man..... :cool:

P.S.  I decided to spare you..

'Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict'.. from Ummagumma... because I think it is a portent of things to come..when Floyd went from being pretentious fun...to being just plain pretentious. IMHO.. obviously...

17 hours ago, Rob.L said:

If you haven’t already, catch up on Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets. He revisits some of those early Floyd tracks with a band including Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt.

https://www.thesaucerfulofsecrets.com

I shall try to do that.. though it has to be said that I rapidly lost interest in Floyd after 'Piper'.  I listened to most of Ummagumma, and I saw Floyd live in Doncaster about 1970/71..  I also have a copy of 'Relics'.. but nothing else. I think I must be one of the very few people who have never listened to 'Dark Side of the Moon' as a piece..and have only picked up odd tracks from incessant radio play.

A school friend of mine had a copy of Dark Side of the Moon when it first came out. I have never been interested in pop music but she played the record one afternoon during the school holidays when we were at her house in Mapperley.  After a few minutes, I asked her to switch it off. Couldn't bear to listen to it. I found it too disturbing.  I had the same reaction to The Rite of Spring (Igor Stravinsky) when I first heard it.  Even now, there are certain sections I can't listen to. I'm not a Stravinsky fan, generally, but even he thought The Rite was strange and commented that he didn't write it but was 'merely the channel through which Le Sacre passed.'