You certainly know your music  DJ'360....if you ever make a DJ comeback can i be your ''Roadey''sp)   i'll hump ya gear round for ya.......then while your dishing the 60s music out..i'll mix with ya fans....maybe get a little dance'''

''

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

do you get many rainy nights in Georgia

@loppylugs ?

Nice voice lovely song.....

Gonna have a Rainy day in Bulwell..........

• Like 1
15 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

do you get many rainy nights in Georgia

@loppylugs ?

Nice voice lovely song.....

Gonna have a Rainy day in Bulwell..........

Love Brook Benton's version..though the original by the songwriter Tony Joe White is also very good. Tony Joe also wrote 'Polk Salad Annie' (copied by Elvis) and 'Groupie Girl',which we played back in 360 days. Steamy Windows was another of Tony Joe's.. made famous by Tina Turner. It featured on Tony Joe's album 'Closer to the Truth'...

• 2 weeks later...

This has been covered by scores of artists. Written by Ian Tyson in 1960 and recorded by Ian and Sylvia Tyson in 1963. A superb 60s folk song imo. A simple II-V-I structure repeated throughout.

A wistful song with a bittersweet narrative further emphasised by the ending which finishes on the V chord, leaving a sense of being ended but unfinished.

Exquisite. 

• Like 1

Wife's got a date with him tonight in Town.......she last saw him in Skeggy a few years ago.....

Told her not to throw her knickers at him this time...cant take her anywhere..........

• Like 1

Aww david essex:wub: i had posters of him all over my bedroom walls as a teenage girl, used to love when jackie magazine had him on a double page in the centre, i went with a school friend to the pictures to see him in that'll be the day & stardust, we both came out totally in love with him.

Me and Mrs Col went to see Stardust. 

From memory, Essex wasn't a very loveable character by the end!

Still ...Mrs Col liked him. I thought he was pretty average, though I think I recall him in a sit com later..called The River. I thought that was watchable. 

I would have loved to go and see David Essex in town but had another engagement.  I also had his pictures on my bedroom wall in the 60s, such a Beautiful’ young man.  We saw him at a theatre in Windsor many years ago, a fabulous evening, can’t remember what the place was called but there was a small dance floor right in front of the stage so we were up close and personal with the handsome dude!  

• Like 2

Donna has always had a thing for him really swooned after him in Skeggy.............also went to see Curtis Stygers'' in Skeg...........she qued (sp) for his autograph....mind you it was funny...he actually offered to date her on line....:rolleyes:

Had one of me regular emails from Warner holiday breaks and this particular one was advertising David Essex in 2023. Various venues, all around £600+ for a 3 night break. Bloody hell, that's more than the Christmas breaks. Don't think I'll bother.

Good grief, is he still alive and er... singing?  I can recall one or two girls at Manning being a bit nuts about him. Otherwise it was the Osmonds! They must be pushing eighty, now. Donny Osmond's photo seemed to be on the cover of every girl's jotter. Oh, those teeth.  Then there was the Mormon angle. 

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

You're not the only one! :biggrin:

We’ll be 80 next year, too!  I don’t worry about it, though, as I’ve had a mainly happy life and feel privileged to have lived this long.  Getting older is just a part of life (until it isn’t :Shock: lol)

I do wear glasses. I have done since my late teens but not all the time as my eyesight isn't that bad. It did stop me from becoming an airline pilot though. I failed the medical on my eyesight. I think they wanted 20/20. I did get my private pilot's licence in my 30's with the proviso that I had to carry a spare pair of spectacles. As for my skin I'm not one of those blokes who rubs fancy creams into his face! I've outlived my father. I've just got to outlive my mother who was 93. She did lose her marbles though and it made life very difficult for us at times as she lived in the adjoining granny flat. My best friend turns 90 next year and he was going to the gym twice a week prior to lockdown. He's on a Warner break at the moment  so he may be regressing! Personally I don't need to do any forced exercise as there's more than enough work on our 'mini farm' to keep me constantly active even though we no longer have sheep, horses or chickens! 

• Like 1