Always remember The Day The Music Died, because it was my 10th birthday. So today, 64 years on, a little tribute to the great Buddy. The amount of unforgettable music he created in just 2-3 years still astounds me and I always wonder what he would have continued to give.

Read the comments!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

That’s the stuff we played when I was in band. Just shows how old I am! I’ve still got my old Hofner Congress guitar which I electrified but I upgraded to a cherry red Stratocaster, like Hank Marvin’s, in later years. Since my ‘horticultural amputation’ I can play neither.

Love those Buddy Holly songs- takes me back to a holiday in Filey!  There was a little fair there and I met a young lad …. A sweet innocent holiday  romance

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

The beautiful Whitney...loved her in the 80s.....had a few years as a single parent  back in Nottingham with 3 boys hard but good times.........my lads still talk about them days with fondness.......i even hit the Palais again some crazy times.....all ended in the mid 80s when i wed the lady of my life......and introduced her to our fair City.....she even says '''Ey up Duck''' now............:rolleyes:

• Like 2

A special singer and song for me......my mother and Grandma were great fans of Dickie.......in fact Grandma was in his 

Fan Club''.....i actually tried to sing it to Mam on her last night with us....made her smile...

Sadly Dickie died in a car crash aged only 41 back in 1971........

Lovely song.......makes me think about some of my children who are far far away in many different parts of the world.......Australia...South Africa...Dubai...and one just back from Libya.....and here's me thinking i'd travelled....lol

• Like 2

Paper Lace made some good stuff and most members were from Nottingham......although Michael Vaughan was born in Sheffield he was brought up in Nottingham and his Dad was my Boss at Marsdens....

Great bloke he gave me a couple of pay increases to stop me leaving........bless him...

• Like 2

Billy don't be an hero , was the call if yer name was Bill, Billy or William  !

Do you reckon  they made there name up from nottingham evening post  PAPER , And lace market for LACE  ?  I do .

• Like 1

Used to love a bit of Dave Brubeck.......

Sometime back in the 60s was driving along Perry road just near the Prison.....listening to this when i was stopped by the Police....who said i was doing 35 in a 30 mile limit............still had Dave on low...when the Copper said ''Is that Dave Brubeck you got on ?'''

Thought he was going to 'DO'' me for that as well.............anyway he liked 'Dave's'' music.......and i got away with a warning.........for the speeding......lol.......Good Copper.......think about that day every time i hear this record.............

• Like 6

Mine and Donna's song.......Christopher Cross did the original song back in the 80s............Did'nt know 'Aker Bilk' made this record.....found it this morning while 'Browsing' some old C.D'S........Aker always a great sound.....

• Like 1

Always enjoyed the late Anthony Newley......from about 1960 when he played Gurney Slade and about the same year sang this song........

I Had an Uncle named 'Dick' Who looked and sang rather like him...he was a Miner at Calverton and often sang at the Miners Welfare there......another Uncle also down the Pit at Calverton also sang songs there..especially remember him singing Bernard Breslaw's hit song ''Charlie  Brown'' that was my Uncle Harold.....lovely funny man.....

• Like 2

A very memorable 'Instrumental'' from way back in 1960.........must have danced to this down ''Locarno''

• Upvote 1

Love Songs from the 60s