• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

Good to see the love for Baez. I don't normally do regret, but I do regret not getting to see her.

Mike (Trogg), I hope you enjoy your purchases. I'm sure you will.

I think I have around 7 or 8 Baez albums.  'In Concert Vols 1&2' are real faves, along with D&R., but I also have a couple of other gems I love.  First is a Saga label LP of very early Baez.. before she was famous. The other is a double vinyl album from around 1970, called The First Ten Years. 

I'd like to put up my all time favourite sequence of songs from In Concert Vol2..but maybe tomorrow  when I have more time.

For now, Joan's stunningly simple interpretation of Byron's 'Well Go No More a Roving'.

I've spent a lovely afternoon with my headphones on listening to 'Doo Wop' songs from the 50s American diner era. Sheer bliss.!

The lovely Marlene.......dont know many Marlene's nowadays.....remember a couple at school back in the 50s.......

The one and only Rod...........some guys have all the Luck......not had it all but had my share.....

A London born ''Geezer'' who supports 'Glasgow Celtic''.......:Shock:

Full screen 'A MUST'........

• Like 1

I've always been a big fan @lizzieM .......great voice...brilliant mover...Smart Dresser........born within a few weeks of me......so try to keep up with him...but sadly i;m no singer (just 'Growl now lol)  can still move.. but a bit stiffly...like me clothes......but no chance with the ''Hairstyle''....:biggrin: As he says ''Some Guys have all the luck........

• Like 1

Think i bought all Ricky's records (Hindleys clumber street 6/6 early 60s)....brings back all my Locarno nights.........and the ''Lads and Lasses i smoked and drank Coke with........love to go back to those times...and make all my mistakes again........:)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Think i bought all Ricky's records (Hindleys clumber street 6/6 early 60s)...

My first ever new (as opposed to second-hand) single came from Hindleys in 1967. The Turtles - She'd rather be with me. Cost 6/8d

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost forgotten hit for Alex Welsh Jazz Band in 1961.

Tansy. 

Australia scraped into the finals with a song from Voyager, a synth-metal (whatever that is) band from Perth with a song called Promise. Tried to listen to it but not for me, the only good thing was a cameo appearance by a classic Toyota MR2

Win or loose the good news is that our invitation to compete expires this year so hopefully we will no longer be exposed to this travesty of a "song" contest any more. I for one will not be getting up at 5:00am on Sunday to watch it after celebrating the Maggies return to the EFL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might of played this before...but always worth a listen......DR Hook made some great songs....Made me wanna dance in me 40s..brilliant sound.......Ray Sawyer (eye patch) passed away when he was 81.......used to love watching him giving ''His Best''......

8 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Dr. Hook made some great songs

Yes Ben. My favourites are Sylvia's Mother, The Cover of "Rolling Stone", Only Sixteen and of course, the classic Walk Right In. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I have posted about his new singer before? but just to remind us if I have. 

Her name is Lisa McHugh  she has not long brought out a dvd  also album A Life Thats Good   2 more albums Country and Who Am I  she is a mixture between Country and Irish Folk

Lisiten to Lisa on Spotify

7 hours ago, Willow wilson said:

It's now played at T20 matches when a boundary is scored. 

Knew the tune as soon as it started, even remembered the title but for the life of me never knew the artist.

This is my favourite cricket theme from the 80s? Soul Limbo. England playing the West Indies when it was on the BBC and not behind a PayWall on Poxtel or some other pay service.

• Like 2

Morning Oz

did you see the match to-day sorry yesterdy ?    BBC 2 to-day at lords  Enland v Ireland it was only Hlghlights of one off  Test st on opening day  at Lords 

5 hours ago, mary1947 said:

did you see the match to-day

No Ben, not shown on FTA TV here and we don't have any of the pay channels as we have enough crap on FTA here and I have no wish to pay for anymore. The good news is that the England vs India test match final is on FTA so I will be watching that.