• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

BK I quite like the Beatles but I’ll always prefer the songs and singers from the mid to late fifties. ….

Remember when corned beef tins were really difficult to get hold of during the Falklands War? 

2 hours ago, MRS B said:

Remember when corned beef tins were really difficult to get hold of during the Falklands War? 

Fray Bentos is a port city in south-western Uruguay near the Argentinian border so little wonder supplies were affected.

The Fray Bentos corned beef that we all know was first made in 1899.

The origin of 400 cases of typhoid in Aberdeen in 1964 were traced to corned beef from Argentina due to contaminated water from the Uruguay River entering a punctured tin. This meat contaminated a slicing machine and the bacteria grew when the meat was placed in a window in the sunlight.

• Like 1

Went to the Old Playhouse to him in his hey-days early 60s....in his 80s now and still performing.........saw a good few at the Old Playhouse around that time........Marty Wilde...Vernon Girls...even Gene Vincent......great times...

Always enjoyed the unusual style of Joe Cocker...........a good Sheffield lad (almost local)

Love the title of this song.......long time since i heard it !!!! lol

good on full screen........

They made some lovely songs.........great dressers too....Harry my next door neighbour from growing up and dear friend.....had a Jacket like those that twinkled above.when we were about 16......the girls at 'Beeston Lads Club' queued up to Dance with him every time he wore it.......nearly bought one...lol

• Like 1

This is a Temptations track I uploaded years ago. As far as I know it's not been released on CD. It was on a second hand vinyl album I bought from a yard sale in Stratford on Avon. So far its showing 55,000 views !

• Like 2

Loved some beautiful women........and the great thing is each one was even more beautiful than the last....:rolleyes:

Full screen is best...........

• 2 weeks later...

The one and only ''Deano''.........

Iv'e never had a ''Chaise Longue'''

''Eartha Kitt'' loved eating Grapes on hers.....

• Like 1

Out driving early this morning......this was playing on ''Heart Radio''.......set me up for the day..........Hope your day is good too...........