Just remembered we also had Bernard Bresslaw's comedy record “Mad Passionate Love” in our family record collection during the 50s and 60s. The B side was a song called “You need Feet” a parody of Max Bygrave's hit “You need Hands”

Bernard Bresslaw sprang to fame in The Army Game followed by the Carry On films. The Army Game was a very successful ITV show and featured many well known actors such as William Hartnell, Alfie Bass, Bill Fraser, Norman Rossington and Dick Emery.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

The King Brothers, ( no relation).

" Standing on the corner,

Watching all the girls go by"

"Standing on the corner,

Giving all the girls the eye".

• Like 1
9 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

I'll answer you Mary........

NO Never went  !!!!

Nor me!  I’m guessing both those clubs opened in late 70s-early 80s?  I was away from Nottingham by then.  

• Like 1

I have medals for tap dancing but I don’t think my feet ever moved that quickly!  Brilliant...

• Like 2

DJ360 I knowit is hard to visit these place but each to their own, I did not enjoy going to Auschwitz or Birkenau but it doe's bring it home and it is part of history. Last night on tv they interviewed a lady who had been in one of these camps, i think she was about 7/8 years old and all she could remember was her father being taken away while holding her hand, she never did him again.  At the interview she said yes ! we can all remember it happening but it has not stopped it happening again. How true are her words? very true.

• Like 1

Thinking of Nerja and listening to...

Harry Nilsson........''Everybobys Talkin''

''Im going where the sun keeps shining'''

''Thru the pouring Rain''

''Going where the weather suits my clothes'''

Next line please..............

• Like 1

Banking off of the north east winds

Sailing on a summer breeze

And skipping over the ocean like a stone.

Great song Ben I also liked the harmonica intro of the theme for Midnight Cowboy written by John Barry one of the greatest composers of our era.

• Like 1

Yes Loppy remember Jack Jackson...but didnt see his Cat...probably because i only remember him on the Radio;;;

'WAKEY WAKEY''   oh no that was Billy Cotton....remember his singer Alan Breeze ,,,,?   Billy called him 'Breezy boy''

• Like 1

Hated the Billy Cotton show... who followed him, Jimmy Clitheroe or Archie Andrews ? I can't remeber but I know I was glad when BC finished.

Archie Andrews, a ventriloquist act on radio, unbelievable. Peter Brough was absolute rubbish on tv.  He never even attempted to disguise his lips moving.

• Like 1

It was quite progressive for it’s day .....

“..... when the nights are gay  .....”

I know, I know, before you say anything 

11 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Just seen Billy Ocean give an interview on TV'''

I too love Billy Ocean, the Rasta kid!  
Saw him at the Concert Hall a few years ago, he put on a good show.

My husband saw him in Kingston, Jamaica where he gave a free concert for charity.  I’d pay to see him again if he comes back to Nottingham. 

• Like 1

Ben.  You didn't answer the question.  Are you using a PC or a phone?

On a PC just go to Youtube and find the 'search' field.  It is no different to any othe online search field and has a little magnifying glass next to it. 

Type what you are looking for into that field. Artist, Song Title or both.  A list will appear, check them out to find one you like.  Some just show the song with a still picture, others show videos of the band/artist performing..Some are better than others. Pick the one you want.

Right Click on the address bar at the top and click the 'copy' option.

Paste your copied address into here.

Job done.

• Like 1

Then it should be simple Paul...  BK is also correct... because another way to do it is to just 'right click' on the video as it plays.  That brings up 'Options'.  The second down. 'Copy Video URL' will do it. So click on that. Then paste what you have copied into your message here. 

So.. I've just gone to Youtube and found Nancy Sinatra 'These Boots' etc.

I 'right clicked' on the Vid and chose 'Copy Video URL'  so I'll paste that here:

Do those legs help Ben?  :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Lovely Legs Col.........Starting my Day with the lovely sound of Dr Hook..........and

''Sexy Eyes''

'''Getting down with you..Gotta move with you'''

''Sexy Eyes''

Music time and memories of the 70s...Steak in the 'Grosvenor'' and after.. a Party on Magdala road...

'Baby i'm a want you'    Bread.........

Great slow dancing........''Baby ima need you'''

Followed by  ''Make it with you'''

''I maybe climbing Rainbows'''

• Upvote 1

Old videotape I think.. but I always like to see the early vids if I can, in preference to just a picture of a label.  But try this:

• Like 1