• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

Thanks Carnie.............she was only 16....ive aged the years since then.........brilliant Carnie..........

Got bad back...but just had a dance to this....cured it............

• Like 1

Once more with feeling. 

To put up a video, go to Youtube.

Use the search facility at the top to search by song or artist.  

You may get several results and it takes seconds to try a few to see which have decent videos and audio sound quality.

Choose your video and either..1. Copy the URL from the address bar, or right click on the playing video and select 'copy URL.'

Just paste that into your post.

Sometimes, Youtube will not allow you to post your video 'inline' (i.e...so that you get an image rather than a link)  I don't have an answer for that, except that sometimes..when you paste the copied address into your post..it's worth trying placing your cursor right at the end of it and pressing return.. that sometimes seems to work.

Anyway.. thanks for reminding me of the great Sam Cooke...

As a poster on Pinkfish used to say.. 'So much music...so little time..'

I had forgotten The Sam Cooke version I have no idea why, because he made some brilliant records. I have just listened to both versions and  I have to say I  can happily sing along to both. Both singers remind me of times in my yoof.

Thank you for the instructions again DJ. I have taken a screen print and  safely tucked it away. 

I sent benj my instructions but I think yours are easier to follow. Good luck benj.

• Like 1

Mungo Jerry.........''in the Summer time''

''IF her Daddies rich,,,take her out for a meal''

''IF her Daddies poor..just do what you feel''

Great beat,,love the words...

think about 1970.........

• Like 1

Took me all afternoon to work it out.........kept reading everyones instructions.....finally fathomed about ''click'' and where to do it...right chuffed with mesen....

Grandaughter never came the other day...she'll be amazed i did it without her...........

Another all time favourite...........when appearing in Nottingham about 64.......he (peter noon) kissed my girlfriend (Trina) on her lunch hour from Lyons cafe on Long Row..........

Just sat listening to the words of a song by the Kilkennys and how the words fit in the virus which has come into our lives. If you get chance then listening to it your selves. just put a little of the song down.

Before the Deluge

Some of them are dreamers and some of them are fools, who were making plans and thinking of the future, with the energy of the innocent, they were gathering tools, 

They would need to make their journey back to nature,

While the sand slipped though the opening in their hands, they reached for the golden ring , and there hearts turned to each other's hearts for refuge, in the trouble years that came before the Deluge.   there are 2 more verses 

in between chorus

which goes 

So let the music keep your spirits high, let the building keep your children dry.

, let creation reveal it's secrets by and by, when the light thats lost  reachers the sky and there's more. 

I think  this is a brillant song listen to it on Utube or Kilkennys web site, and give me your feedback.

• Like 1

1959.........Last year at school...great music in that year....and school dance club every friday..........

• Like 3

The harmonica much maligned musical instrument

Sound of Silence on harmonica, brilliant Enigma.

I like this piece of harmonica music too.

Who remembers Morton Fraser and his Harmonica Rascals or Larry Adler?

How do they get such sounds from a little instrument. The William Tell Overture towards the end is amazing.

• Like 1

Agree with you 100% re the harmonica Oz.

Remember the 3 Monarchs who were often on the box and Arthur Tolcher who used to try and gatecrash the end of the Morecambe and Wise show.

Larry Adler was outstanding and vastly underrated. 
Paul Jones plays a mean blues harp too.

• Like 1

THE WAY WE WERE   from Breakfast at Tiffany's 

Such memories from this song...first recorded in the mid 60s......Millie was a Teenager from Jamaica with a great voice...remember a girl lookalike singing it to me in Rhyl of all places.......

Sadly Millie passed away in London last year.........enjoy

....spoiled it a bit for me seeing and hearing the inane clapping like seals by the people watching!

it would have been better (I think) if they just clapped on the off beat.

Sorry - I do like the song though

That wasn't the original recording Margie.......dont think any clapping on the original......although i must say i enjoyed the clapping..thats why i chose that one.........

I like some clapping - it was just a bit too much and seemed a bit staged.

but each to their own .... we’re all different