Great Choice Ben 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Imagine   John Lennon

Imagine theres no countries

it isn't hard to do

nothing to live or die for 

and no religion too

imagine all the people 

livin'life in peace 

yoo'hoo ooh-ooh 

you may say i'm a dreamer 

but i'm not the only one

i hope someday you'll joins us 

and the world will live as one

If only our world was like this 

• Like 3

Music still good in the 70s.......I moved to Peterborough and this song reminds me of Annabelle's night club (the only one in Peterborough) 

Met ex Forest man John Barnwell in there one night........said he was looking for players.........lol

Nice sentimental song.......London i loved working down there...nearly lived there once...love the 'Buzz'' of the place......

Worked with a bunch of blokes (Geezers) was like being in ''Only fools and Horses'' so funny....more happy days....

I could relate so many funny stories..but you'd never believe me.......:).

• Like 1

When I worked in London we had an office in Mitchum and all these characters worked with me,,,there was a black Del-boy...also a couple of Rodneys and Boycies double who i christened Boycie and his Mrs.. Marlene...

Even the Driscoll brothers were regular visitors...lol

I did enjoy laughing at Only Fools and Horses but I much preferred Nicholas Lyndhurst in Goodnight Sweetheart a program with a very unique story line. For me Trigger, (Roger Lloyd-Pack) was the stand out in OF&H. Just wish we could watch them again, some episodes are available on YT.

YT ha hundreds of episodes on LOTSW too

Sorry Ben, Can't give you a like for that one as far as I am concerned apart from some notable classic exceptions the 70's was a lost decade of decent music when compared to the 60's. There was far too much mush and I did not enjoy much of the  Glam Rock. Here are all the UK number 1 hits of the seventies have a listen and see what you think.

• Like 1

Some great music there OZ.........But i agree nothing like the 60s...or even late 50s..........

Loved ''Happy days''........set firmly in the 50s my school years.....Padstow wasn't exactly like an American High School;;;but there were shades of it..........Definitely ''Happy Days''

Girls Dancing in ''Flat shoes'' and 'Flared skirts''.......us lads with Quiffs''.....ahhh

• Like 3

Love this, Ben.  Loved those clothes... yes, they were happy days with our whole lives stretching out in front of us.... whilst we just enjoyed the present

• Like 1

The thing i miss most is going to the pub, Saturday night with a piano and a sing song, one of my favorits was I'll join the legion another was On mother kelly's door step, Lily of lamplight, and one which my grandad used to sing "Wooden Hut"  and many more. you could sing  as lould as you wanted even if you had no singing voice no-one cared because we were all very happy thanks to a few beers.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Enigma, that is a really woeful version of the John Denver classic a pretty poor attempt at Sinatraising a great song. John Denvers' version with Cass Elliot is great but the best by far is by Peter Paul and Mary.

Nice to start the day with something cheerful in these miserable times.........my favourite Hymn..right from schooldays......we do live in a wonderful world............

• Like 1

Memories of my Birmingham days.......Alum Rock...Chelmsley Wood......Solihull.......West Brom.......Picketywitch.....The Bull ring.....Edgbaston.....Maggie and Gwyneth.....and much more......even that lovely Accent..........lol

• Upvote 1

This is the record that inspired me to 'Hit the road'' and at 16 and working for 'Marsdens''.......i went for it......Hucknall....Netherfield...New Basford....West Bridgford...Arnold.....Stapleford  and even crossed the border into Long Eaton.......considered mesen a true 'Travelling Man''.........lol

• Upvote 1

I can see why you like this song Ben!  But did you ever get as far as Iceland, Hawaii and Hong Kong....

• Like 1