Brilliant choice Col., i love "Penguin Eggs". My late brother did me a copy many years ago and first thing I did when I got my first pc, was to copy it to hard drive. Now I can play it without searching through my pile of CDs. Some terrific tracks on there.

One of my favourites is, "Barret street", along with "The Little Pot Stove".

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Simple pleasures nowadays.......''Do ya ride Tandem duck''?  was a chat up line back in the day........

Good one Ben, The Banana Boat Song and Island in the Sun are two of his other classic calypso songs

Always wanted to go to Jamaica to watch the cricket and fancied having a go at making one of those steel pan drums made from oil drums.

He is still going strong at 94.

• Like 1

Yes Ben, I remember when England wanted a new fast bowler they just shouted down the shaft at one of the local pits.

I enjoy most music genres but certainly not Opera or (c)RAP music. Trad Jazz I don't mind but not too keen on the other types.

Heard this while driving this morning....lovely sound.........

Wer'e drifting back to shore'''

• Like 2

Great stuff from Rod Stewart...........

''Take away all my Sadness''

''Ease away all my troubles''

On 4/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Wer'e drifting back to shore'''

Ben I was expecting to hear the theme from the shipping forecast Sailing By Ronald Binge Same goes for the Rod Stewart song, Sailing that is.

• Like 1

I thought I was fairly clued up about 'pop' music etc.. from my formative years... So when a bit of Youtube searching suddenly made me aware of the late Edie Sedgewick.. I was gobsmacked that she'd managed to stay under my radar. All of her story is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick

But, briefly, she was from very old US money and brought up by a controlling and abusive father. She came to prominence as an associate of Andy Warhol and his 'Factory'..but soon split with him.  She is alleged to have had a relationship with Bob Dylan.. who was not a fan of Warhol.. and warned her of him..but details are sketchy and contested.

What is less contested is that Dylan wrote several of his major songs about her:

th?id=OIP.hYCRTQlaymwxsEOngPhx6QAAAA%26p

I don't think even Dylan would have written such sarcasm had he known she would die a few years later aged only 28.

Edie Sedgewick. 1943-1971

4 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I don't think even Dylan would have written such sarcasm had he known she would die a few years later aged only 28.

Don't know where you sourced your info there DJ? Over 50 year old recollections in this age, can, be, at best 'soundbites'.

There was biopic..ish, called, The Factory about a decade ago, if I remember had a few interviews with Edie at the end, could have been the Cavett show?

I don't get what you are saying HSR.  I got most of my info from the wikipedia page which I clearly linked to in my post... though I did read around a little elsewhere. It seems to me that most of the facts of her life..and untimely death.. are known.  So whose 50 year old recollections are you referring to?

Saturday night Fever''..........'The Bee Gees'......John Travolta.......Olivier.......who could ask for more............

• Like 1

Good shout Ian...Not many remember 'The Happenings'.. but we useter play that tune down the 360 ...