Jill, you say, musical ability tends to run in families, the best impression I get, you are talking genetics?

Iv'e read many a autobiography, and exposure and opportunity appear to dismiss that theory..

Gaining an influence or teacher at an early age, when practice would be less of a chore appears crucial!

Only instrument at my school was a recorder! 

Did have some piano lessons, payed for by Gran when about 7. Actually proved useful!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

On 5/7/2021 at 12:40 AM, DJ360 said:

Some credit Elmore with popularising (or even inventing) 'slide' guitar. 

Gonna' read some wiki,

Then I'll Dust My Room, ;)

Where do you find this stuff?

Lonnie Johnston, Robert Johnson, Son House?

Yes.  I'm aware of all three, but only Robert Johnson has made much impact on me.  And I did say 'some'. Try to keep up.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, DJ360 said:

I can't resist putting up this video of Elizabeth Cotton

Interesting that she played left handed with the guitar strung for a right handed player. I wonder how many lefties played like that?

Quite a few of the 'older' blues players Oz. The two that immediately come to mind are Albert King and Otis Rush.

On a modern theme, the Amazing Eric Gales, still have tickets to see him, now over a year old!!

• Like 1

Nice one Red......needed cheering up this morning.....and Chas and Dave do that for me.......loved my London days........

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disasters, great times, son off to uni, daughter's marriage to a good man, all the travels in cars, boats, planes, all the beaches and all the playing in the sea with the children, all the playing by the sea with grandchildren, tears and laughter. Life's tapestry.

Sitting in the garden sharing a drink with my wife in the slow dusk of a spring evening, the quietness conveying a myriad unspoken feelings between us.

When I was an uninspired 24yo I could never have dreamt anything like this, she gave me the dream and made it real. Last month we celebrated our wedding anniversary. It's a fairly big number.

• Like 7

Quite poetic WW., near brought a tear to me eye.

When I think of my wife, I had 25 happy years......and then we met !

11 hours ago, radfordred said:

Been humming this on my 20,000 steps today, not sure why?  

E1B1nV7XIAAvTuv.jpg

Me neither.. you could have at least posted the proper version... ;)

Anyroadup... There wasn't a lot of music to 'grab' me in the late 70s/ early 80s.. but this cool chick was.. and remains.. a class act.

No @DJ360it was the far superior King Kenny version, find the Drifters effort bit drab 

Bit of new music, I would jumped on these @ The Bodega or upstairs @ Rough Trade early doors if it want for lockdown, The Clockworks they will be massive, just waiting for their first album. 

I got so many favourites from years gone by.........and this is way up there with em..........

We got a thing going on..........

Meet every day....at the same Cafe.........

• Like 2
On 5/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, Oztalgian said:

Interesting that she played left handed with the guitar strung for a right handed player. I wonder how many lefties played like that?

Hi Oztalgian, not the same but I played in a five piece band and the lead and rhythm guitarists were left-handed. The rhythm player learn to play right-handed.

Regards, Will2017

Woman in black dress........drink.....smoke......Trilby Hat....Bar Stool.......dim lit Bar......just need a slow Dance.......any chance ?

Never been Colour prejudiced......so thought ''Lady in Red'' would be nice........just an aside'' one of my EX's loved dressing in Red...will never forget seeing her in a bright Red 'Trouser Suit' doing 'Cartwheels'' across the floor after tripping at a dance in Peterborough........lol.......she still don't laugh at the memory.....

• Like 1