Bought all Adam's records.....great memories of so many old friends...........

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

8 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

No, no, no, no and no

Sounds like a line from " I'm not a juvenile delinquent ", by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.

• Like 1

Margie Sweetheart, I am still a juvenile delinquent!  It's just nobody has told the others yet.  thumbsup

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Sounds like a line from " I'm not a juvenile delinquent ", by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.

Did you remember that song Beekay it was from 1956?

It had 19 No's I had only five

What about whistling instead of bagpipes?

Another beauty from Frankie and the 4 seasons ''.......

Didn't carry Dolly's books from school...but carried her cooking in a basket covered in a towel.......

• Like 2

Lads from our school used to ask for little cakes and cobs on the way home after our cooking lessons!

• Like 1

Ben..." That's What Love Will Do"  was one of the first 45's I bought but was recorded by Joe Brown.

Great lyrics & wonderful memories.  I do remember a look I was given in the movies when they dimmed the lights.

• Like 1

Loved my 'White sports Coat''.......went to Farrands/Marsdens xmas do'' in it about 1963...at the Sherwood rooms''.......spilt 'Whisky' all over it.......one side of it stayed stiff forever even after having it cleaned........wouldn't mind getting another...but where would i go IN IT?........

• Like 1

Can't remember..Margie....but probably did........just come to me...it was 1965......and managing the Long Eaton Marsdens.........danced with a girl called Sandra most of the night......:rolleyes:

Dexys had an Irish air about them...Kevin Rowland's the lead singer Parents were Irish.........i had a lovely Irish Aunt (from Cork) married to my Uncle John....she took all the leg-pulling from all the family.....non more so than at one of the familys birthday celebrations upstairs at the Highbury pub in Bulwell...

When she fell down the stairs at the end of the night and all the family sang to her while laughing........''Come on Eileen''.....the taxi's waiting.........turned out later she had broke her Ankle.......God bless her.......

Forgot to mention my Aunt's name was 'Eileen''.................

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thought nice way to start the day..........

Lovely words....

Lovely music...

In fact it could be a 'Lovely Day''

Have a nice one all you Nottstalgians......

• Like 2

Can't beat a bit of 'Dirty Dancing''....Patrick was brilliant........gone to soon''......

Sat at same table (different time) as him..looking at the ''Calf of man'''..........ok told you afore..but worth repeating.............

• Like 2

Something a little later. ..

The amazing Roy Orbison was still doing the biz.. only months before his untimely passing.

What a voice!!

Orbison's last album.. Mystery Girl.. was as good as anything he had done in his long career.  This is a standout from an album of standout tunes.

• Like 1

Love The Big O. My sister brought home “It's Over” in the early 60s and I was very impressed. She also bought “In Dreams” another classic. I love his falsetto parts in “In Dreams” and “Only the Lonely “.

Who can forget “Oh, Pretty Woman” another of his many superb performances.

I very much enjoyed his time with The Travelling Wilburys. It seems unreal that he, George Harrison and Tom Petty are no longer with us.

Wiki describes The Wilburys as a super group and of that there is no doubt.

• Like 2

Indeed. My Sister had his album In Dreams..which is a cracker if you can find it and has things such as Beautiful Dreamer, All I Have To Do is Dream  plus of course the title song and Blue Bayou.

I just went into Youtube to look for ice hockey tactical videos and came across something completely different. In the comments someone said “I don’t  know why but I finished watching this with tears in my eyes.” So did I!

• Like 5

Me too.  It's obviously staged..but it is a fabulous demonstration of the power of music to move and unite people.

• Like 2

Evocative of the 60s.........lovely song...good film....great cast.....

Lynn very much reminds me of someone i knew very well......back in those crazy days.........

A coincidence you should play that.

Recently I've wandering around YouTube listening to The Seekers who I used to think were the ultimate in uncool. I've now changed my opinion, and realised that Judith Durham had a superb voice.

• Like 2