And yet I can't remember any dancing at the Bodega though we went mainly Saturday nights...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I did say ''not a dance venue'' Brew...........but Sunday nights were very quiet and the Barman agreed for us to move a few tables..and what with the 'Low lights' it was perfect.......would have been too busy for anyone to Dance Saturday nights...

Lovely morning......Cats are jumping.....and the living is easy...enjoy this beautiful day......

On 6/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, radfordred said:

Warsops finest Ferocious Dog

Pentrich Rising absobloodylutley fantastic RR thanks for posting.

I had never heard of the rising so I looked it up on the webulator. Why oh why weren't we taught this local history at school it would have been so much more interesting.

When we lived in NSW we often visited Kiama where George Weightman died. There is a monument to him in Kiama. and had I known I would have taken a look at it

Photo from Monument Australia . org.au

30-November-2013

• Like 1

UP very early..Washed last nights Pots...Put the Garden furniture out in the early morning Sunshine....Cooked and ate a great breakfast.....Gardener now doing my Lawn........

Going to Podiatrist this morning ..feel good now,, but will feel like Dancing like Mr Walken.. when i get back.......

Just for you Willow..........great last year at school in 59...nice lilt to it........

''Gonna grab my girl and runaway''

• Like 5

@benjamin1945

'Hey Baby' has to be one of the top 10 pop songs of all time.  Incredible atmosphere generated by

Bruce Chanel's voice and that wistful harmonica.

For some reason.. probably to do with school.. this one always goes with it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWM3bLEB3M

• Like 2

Thanks Ben, yeah, last summer at school. All the nostalgic icons you could want.

Meet the gang at Joe's cafe (or wherever). Walks through the park (streets) neath the shiny moon, when we kiss she makes my flat top curl! I had a 'Tony Curtis' hair cut in those carefree days; they get better with the recalling! 

• Like 1

DJ360. Hey Baby was 2 years after I left school. I like the song. Its nostalgic memory hook for me is that when I was at college in Birmingham it was on the common room juke box and got played a lot. Along with Take Good Care, Bobby Vee. And surprisingly, Never Goodbye, Karl Denver. Now, is that last one in your collection, DJ? :)

• Like 1

Nope.. it isn't WW.  I did like his version of Wimoweh in  sort of masochistic way though..and I once saw him walking down Shaespeare Street when he was playing Nottm. Apparently he is buried in Stockport Cemetary.

If Iv'e got to be nabbed by the Fuzz, this is the lot I want to do it !!

This has got to be one of the Happiest songs Iv'e ever heard. Don't believe me, Watch it on You tube. All versions.

BK.  I liked the music and the dance steps - I reckon I've learnt the dance  already

4 minutes ago, MargieH said:

BK.  I liked the music and the dance steps - I reckon I've learnt the dance  already

Hi Margie, glad you liked it. One of the happiest clip was of some little Afrikaan children, they were only about 6/7 and the grins on their face was infectious. Also on the Swiss police, I thought funny was a female officer dancing away, with a gun strapped to her hip !

• Upvote 1

Love to be here.........enjoying early morning coffee and background music.........

Ahh maybe soon........

Beats even Bulwell

• Like 1

Many, many years ago, having seen him live at the Albert Hall in Nottingham, I bought a Tom Paxton album. When I got it home I realised that side 1 was Tom, and side 2 - wasn’t! Decided to keep it as I quite liked the songs, but it wasn’t until quite recently that I discovered that it was this guy.

Sold the album years ago on ebay as an oddity - a “mis-pressing”, but only got a pittance for it!

Stunning song and production Red.  Old Sam is one of my all time faves...

But.. in a rare late night opportunity I'm listening to the Kinks while Mrs Col is out.

• Like 1

Good one DJ360

The Kinks, part of the sounds of the sixties. Waterloo Sunset has become a classic. Strangely enough never made number 1 but fittingly used in the closing of the London Olympics 

Also like Death of a Clown and Plastic Man

• Like 2

There are no words........ :laugh:

• Upvote 1