@HSR

I just went to YouTube on my phone and selected a random track from list of my previous searches  I went to the three dot menu, selected share, then 'copy link'

Now paste.  Just press till you see 'pste' then hit that...

And...

Job's a good un.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Happy Valentines day to all you lovely Nottstalgia ladies.......

This is mine and the wifes song from when we got together in the 80s..........

''When you get lost between the moon...and Exeter city''

• Like 2

Its been nearly 60 years since i lodged in Coalville i was 18/19 and had a lovely time.........the club i used to use was ''The West End club'' ive just checked and its still operating.......My favourite date was a girl called JILL............Took her to Whitwick pictures to see ''Robin and the seven hoods''.............

I was Manager of the 'Thrifty' supermarket in the precinct which was part of the Farrands/Marsdens set up...and still remember some of the staff..........

Brenda...Pauline...Eileen...Floss...Fred...June and Paul............

Often think about going back for a day and sitting in the Precinct (if its still there) to see if i recognise any of them........

Might even visit the West End club''..........wonder if it still kicks off ''Fighting'' on the stroke of 10pm friday nights.......when i used to take my pint and girl of the night under the nearest table.....:)

• Like 1

1970........Had a spot of bother with a band from 'Stabbo''

Enjoyed 'Mungo' though...........

If her Daddies rich..take her out for a meal.........

If her Daddies poor just do what ya feel..............

On 2/11/2022 at 12:08 PM, DJ360 said:

A couple of songs which take me back to 'having a minute' from the DJ job upstairs at the 360 and having a bit of a natter with friends in the downstairs lounge, with the jukebox for a background..

DJ 360, Funnily I always thought that the Mary  Hopkins song Temma Harbour was about somewhere in the Caribbean but an article caught my eye and I found out it was in Ghana (formerly Gold Coast). There is also one in South west Tasmania which in no way could be described as tropical.

59 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

There is also one in South west Tasmania which in no way could be described as tropical.

I never imagined it as tropical.  It seems the writer 'Philamore Lincoln', was referring to the Tasmanian one.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, philmayfield said:

That reminded me to find my Carly Simon cd's. I really like her music. Thanks!

I can cope in small doses as in my view she is not a particularly good singer.  That said, Mrs Col was saying we didn't have 'You're So Vain, so I bought this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Album-Pack-Carly-Simon/dp/B005JS7VRI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SJ697ZJ5GQ5A&keywords=Carly+Simon+Original+Album+Series&qid=1645062662&s=dmusic&sprefix=carly+simon+original+album+series%2Cdigital-music%2C65&sr=1-1

I'd never seen the 'Playing Possum' cover before.... OooohhErr..:)

Enjoy Red...........nothing finer as Lizzie says than live music......

Feel the room moving ...its a special pleasure....Makes you feel good being surrounded by your kind of music...........

Some Guys have all the luck''

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I never imagined it as tropical.  It seems the writer 'Philamore Lincoln', was referring to the Tasmanian one.

DJ360 Below is a photo and an extract from the lyrics of Temma Harbour. It talks about a coconut tree and sunshine.
I can assure you that there are no coconut trees in south west Tasmania. You could certainly catch some fish and a fire would be needed in Winter.  Tasmania has some excellent wines and whisky too but as for sunshine, not so much but windswept for sure.

T-873%2C874-w-big.jpg

Sing a song of Temma Harbour
Climb a coconut tree
Catch a fish and light a fire
Drink some wine with me
And if you say you like me
And I like you
We can live and dream together
In a world that's new
Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
Sun, sun, sun, sunshine

On 2/17/2022 at 10:54 PM, Oztalgian said:
DJ360 Below is a photo and an extract from the lyrics of Temma Harbour. It talks about a coconut tree and sunshine.
I can assure you that there are no coconut trees in south west Tasmania. You could certainly catch some fish and a fire would be needed in Winter.  Tasmania has some excellent wines and whisky too but as for sunshine, not so much but windswept for sure.

T-873%2C874-w-big.jpg

Sing a song of Temma Harbour
Climb a coconut tree
Catch a fish and light a fire
Drink some wine with me
And if you say you like me
And I like you
We can live and dream together
In a world that's new
Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
Sun, sun, sun, sunshine

Here's my source Oz....:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temma_Harbour

Maybe take it up with them.. ;)

A couple of almost forgotten precursors to 'Heavy Rock', by short lived bands from the late 60s.

It's indicative of how brilliant, diverse and innovative the music scene was back then that these two gems ..after brief chart appearances.. almost sank without trace.

No Spandex was ripped in the making of this post.

12 hours ago, DJ360 said:

A couple of almost forgotten precursors to 'Heavy Rock', by short lived bands from the late 60s.

Love Sculpture might have vanished as a band, but both Dave Edmunds and Terry Williams certainly went on to bigger and better things.

As did Adrian Gurvitz from Gun.

• Like 1