• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Had to give my hotel room up for them in Cleethorpes.......

and all the time they were in Moscow.....tut...........

Wonder if they went to 'Grab a Rusky'' Granny there?.......

• Like 1

Listening to this with the speakers up way too loud in memory of C.W. McCall (William Dale Fries Jr) who died this weekend aged 93. He wrote and performed some great music for driving.

10-7 C.W.

• Like 1
On 4/1/2022 at 10:29 AM, doodle said:

Can we not just enjoy the music for what it is?

I thought I said that...

I don't know why.. but this song came into my head this afternoon...

Of course it was the sort of thing I didn't admit to liking back in the early 60's. Very uncool.. But a great song.

Another from around the same time..

On 4/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Had to give my hotel room up for them in Cleethorpes.......

and all the time they were in Moscow.....tut...........

Wonder if they went to 'Grab a Rusky'' Granny there?.......

I loved that to bits when it came out. If I remember correctly, the B side was a version of 'My Mother's Eyes'.  Through more edjercated ears I find Kenny's stuff more than a bit 'oversyncopated' these days.. as in 'abap daba abadap dap..adaba dap dap adapa dap adap.',but it was fun at the time and I loved all of the 'Trad' bands.

I have once again sat listenin to that old son by Tex Ritter. Deck of Cards. Then read the wording once again. I sat and thought about the words and who ever thought about them and wrote it down, must have had a good memory I still find it worth listenin  too.

10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I thought I said that...

My apologies  :sorry: -  I obviously read your post to mean something that was not an intended meaning by you ie  "So..having got that off of my chest.... :)..  Here's another 1967 'Northern Soul' classic I was playing before anyone had heard of Northern Soul.."

On 4/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, doodle said:

My apologies  :sorry: -  I obviously read your post to mean something that was not an intended meaning by you ie  "So..having got that off of my chest.... :)..  Here's another 1967 'Northern Soul' classic I was playing before anyone had heard of Northern Soul.."

DJ 360 said: I'm not knocking it.  I can understand the excitement of being 'in on' something different and a little bit tribal. Obviously loads of folk had a ball, which is fine, but I just wish those guys would realise and acknowedge that they did not invent this music, they appropriated it. 

Peace...Man.. :)

I was knocked out by this in 1965.  And like many at the time and many still, I didn't know it was a cover of the US singer Bessie Banks' original:

A somewhat more mature Moody Blues:

And finally, the only worthwhile song in my opinion from the pretentious pap that constituuted their album: 'In Search of the Lost Chord'

Not quite Kingston......but Bulwell Town was looking good in the lovely Sunshine this morning......full of people of all 'Hue;s'' Market busy selling Fruit..Veg...Bakery products...Eggs...Watches. and 'Charity shops selling ..clothes and much more.......

• Like 2

Looks like you get a good sun tan at Bulwell market my dads cousin had a stall there years ago did you ever see them Hattons they were market gardeners from Nuthall. My mate used to work at Brownhills garage in the 60s i think they were located on main street.

• Like 1

Enjoyed a few 'Tremeloes' records back in the day......

Once caught a ''Shoplifter'' named Brian Poole.......swore he wasn't ever a 'Tremeloe''.............

• Like 1
10 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Enjoyed a few 'Tremeloes' records back in the day......

Once caught a ''Shoplifter'' named Brian Poole.......swore he wasn't ever a 'Tremeloe''.............

Supported Brian Poole and the Tremeloes at a Manchester gig.

Regards,Will2017

• Like 1