• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Clever buggers aren't they? Electric guitars, electric mics, backing tracks... and no wires!

• 2 weeks later...

Must be getting old.......love this....music...Coffee...and people watching............who'd have guessed years ago.......

• Upvote 1

One of Billy's best........don't want clever conversation''' 

Want you just the way you are............

• Like 2

1967............What a year...........seemed to be one long song and dance....great memories....great music.....great Girls in great clothes.......could have danced forever in Nottinghams's brilliant venues..........

Can't believe Paul Jones is 80......

love to do it all ...just one more time.....or perhaps even two......:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Talking to a lady from Birmingham yesterday...who couldnt remember 'Polly Brown''........mind you she was only in her 60s...............

What am i listening to now ?

My wife giving me an ear bashing for not getting the clothes of the washing line as promised if it rained ......it did !!!!!

David, good for your wife!  I hope she confiscates the devices  you use so you can’t access Nottstalgia!!  I expect you were reading posts from NS when it started raining?

• Upvote 1

Hard to believe this song by Ricky is more than 60 years old..................Marsdens were looking for young men to travel to foreign parts...thought ''Just my cup of Tea''..(Brooke Bond Divi...1/6 per qtr)..............did'nt get as far as Old Mexico'' or Old Hong Kong''........but had some great times in 'Warsop'...Eastwood...'Ollerton'' and ''Bolsover''to say nowt of ''Bingham''...''Bakewell.''...''.Buxton'' and ''Balderton''.....lol

• Like 5

@MargieH normal service resumes , as ive been forgiven for the sopping wet washing , because here in the Philippines it's so hot the clothes dry fast even after a monsoon rainfall !

• Upvote 1
On 8/1/2022 at 9:20 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Hard to believe this song by Ricky is more than 60 years old..................Marsdens were looking for young men to travel to foreign parts...thought ''Just my cup of Tea''..(Brooke Bond Divi...1/6 per qtr)..............did'nt get as far as Old Mexico'' or Old Hong Kong''........but had some great times in 'Warsop'...Eastwood...'Ollerton'' and ''Bolsover''to say nowt of ''Bingham''...''Bakewell.''...''.Buxton'' and ''Balderton''.....lol

A girl in every town that is you to a tea ( pardon the pun ) Ben !!!!!

• Like 1
On 8/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, benjamin1945 said:

but had some great times in 'Warsop'...Eastwood...'Ollerton'' and ''Bolsover''

Could not have been in Bolsover too long Ben as it would have come out as Bo-zer

• Like 1

Got to know Bo-Zer by giving a lift to a young Lady a few times who worked in Farrands Chesterfield...busiest Bacon selling shop i ever worked.......didnt know it was called Bo-zer by the locals till she said it....met her Dad too..who told me ''yo not from 'Bo-zer''

• Like 1

Always liked Herman...even though he was cheeky enough to Kiss my girlfriend on Parliament street....

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.busiest Bacon selling shop i ever worked

Of course bacon is one of the essential food groups. Just wish we could get a good gammon steak here grilled with pineapple....yummo

Another travelling song.....from such a long time ago..................Cliff has been here forever...bought all his records back in the 60s...

No comb and no Toothbrush....so true today...got no 'Hair' or Teeth''.........but loads of Baggage...and dreams and love weigh nothing at all.......

• Like 1

Loved a smoke with my black coffee ....especially with my favourite girl.....then maybe a slow dance

Still have my coffee...;)

• Like 1

Not normally into todays sad whining songs.....but Bruno does this very well..........as i was driving today..........

• Like 1

As you might have realised by now.. I'm into the history and family trees of popular music.

The other night I watched a film called 'Last Night in Soho', which was a fairly entertaining sort of ghost story, featuring a young girl being unwillingly transported back to the 1960s in her sleep.

At some point..the sound track featured the song 'I've Got My Mind Set On You', which I only knew from this version by George Harrison.

It had never occurred to me to ask who wrote the song... but the version in the film was not George's.

It turned out, from the film credits, that the song was written and originally recorded by a certain James Ray in the early1960s. I can find no evidence it was released in the UK.

Those of us with longish memories might remember that Freddie and the Dreamers did this song:

...which was recorded by James Ray..and released in the UK.. Though he didn't write it..

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

I remember the James Ray version of that last song - the Freddie version sounds strange!

• Like 1