• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I was tired of my Lady''''

Took out a Personal ad'''''

I knew the curve of her face''''

It was my own lovely Lady'''

I never knew she liked 'Pina Coladas''

Great song and story....lovely tune....and music.....

Ever had a ''Pina-Colada'''?

1966......oh to be 21 again.....and singing in the sunshine.......even crying in the rain.......love to make all my mistakes again....

Wish i was still waiting for Sue to come round on the ''Bali-Hai'' dance floor.....

Dance duck?...

Maybe later...

Come outside?

What for?

• Like 5

Love this song.........never could remember names...so kept em in the bottom of my''' pencil case''

• Like 1

So you've noticed too CT. Thought I'd entered the twilight zone.

I was gonna sing...'Where have all the Flowers gone?

On 1/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, IAN FINN said:

There's a lovely moon out there.

Little doll we've been jiving all night long(Little doll)Little doll gotta feeling something's wrong(Little doll)Coz it ain't right to wanna keep on dancing
There won't be any time left for romancing Come outside, come outside
There's a lovely moon out there
Come outside, come outside

1962 Hit by Mike Sarne and Wendy Richard

• Like 2

I knew Mike Sarne had appeared in quite a few films and TV programmes over the years (he often crops up on Talking Pictures), but I've only now discovered that he was the Director of the 1970 film Myra Breckenridge, a story about trans-gender cross-dressing and all that kind of thing.

It completely bombed, and is often voted one of the worst films ever made

On 1/12/2023 at 1:04 PM, trogg said:

You certainly picked lots of beautiful ladies Ben, I am still waiting for advice , or maybe its a few decades late for me.

Here we go then 

@trogg

Get down Locarno'' Sat night...

Hair in a DA and wear some 'Cuban Heels''

Collar up...ala billy Fury''

Be the first in your group to Dance

Splash of 'Old Spice''

Pick the best looking girl on the dance floor''''

Don't worry about being turned down.....

When and if you get chance...use your best chat up line... like...''come here often?''' and ''get ya coat youve pulled''

If youve not scored by 10.30......give up and go home......and in future ''Don't be so silly''

'''

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice song......must get a white suit.........never seen one in Kirkby.......remember wearing one down Palais...when i used to flaunt mesen....................:rolleyes:

R.I.P. Barrett Strong.

First came to notice with his recording of 'Money', which was Motown's first hit, in 1960 I think, and famously also recorded by the Beatles.

As well as continuing to record, Strong wrote a huge and influential bunch of songs for Motown, often in collaboration  with Norman Whitfield.

His songs were recorded by Marvin Gaye, Marv Johnson, The Temptations and many others.

https://youtu.be/yeVx1C73o8k

• Like 2
8 hours ago, DJ360 said:

R.I.P. Barrett Strong.

First came to notice with his recording of 'Money', which was Motown's first hit, in 1960 I think, and famously also recorded by the Beatles.

Papa Was a Rolling Stone was a favourite of mine with that very long intro that always reminds me of the theme from Shaft.

• Like 1