• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

On 3/24/2024 at 11:11 PM, LizzieM said:

@benjamin1945I thought that was Paper Lace’s Chris Morris, I knew him as a young lad in the 60s as I caught my school bus outside his house on Coppice Road Arnold.  He was a few years younger than me. 

I can't be 100% certain but that doesn't look like the Mick Vaughan I remember. I first came across him when we booked 'Lambs of the World' into the 360 club. He was I think 16 and lead guitarist of what was essentially Clive Lynch (aka Nottm's Lord Sutch)'s band. At that time Mick Vaughan was widely regarded as a very good guitarist for his age and I have to say he acted the part..:rolleyes:

Here's a link to a page on Lambs of the World and their later careers.

https://playedinaband.com/lambs_of_the_world.htm

Mick Vaughan later joined Paper Lace and the rest is history. Young Vaughany was always very keen to get 'in shot' when they were on the telly.

Clive (Sutch) Lynch now works solo as Carrington Brookes.

And Lizzie, our mutual friend Graham Wyvill joined Paper Lace later, and later still The Billy Fury Story, along with , I think John Raynor.

And that's the simplified version....:laugh:

• Upvote 1