Hope you had a comfortable pair of winkle pickers for the long walk home.l did a similar thing while at high school not romantic though i spent part of my bus fare at the sweet shop and had to walk from Alfreton to Jacksdale where i had enough change to get home to Nuthall.

• Like 1
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

I’d be really angry if the removal company had lost our chairs when we moved house 

Posted Images

You know me Carnie.....never pushed me luck......well not often   lol

• Like 1

Do we still have the Gold Star Record  for Nottingham/Nottinghamshire for having the prettiest girls in England?

Stirred my memory of blue eyed Chistine...who moved in about 3 doors away when i was 15.......played this song by Craig Douglas full blast with my bedroom window open...

''Pretty Blue Eyes''

''Saw you from my window...My Heart skipped a beat'''

Loved Christine....used to wait by the school gates for her at 'Blenheim'' in Bulwell.........she packed me up...tried to get back with Sandra..who said No;;;....so went with Margaret or was it Trina?........lol

This one takes me back as well...again Craig Douglas....

'She was only sixteen'''

''She was too young to fall in love''

''I was too young to know''

love someone to put the video on........;)

Thanks Carnie.............she was only 16....ive aged the years since then.........brilliant Carnie..........

Got bad back...but just had a dance to this....cured it............

• Like 1

Tell me now carrnie please 

Well done Carni!

However.. whilst I like a lot of UK covers of Mericun songs.. I can't include Craig Douglas' 'wet' version of Sam Cooke's classic. so...

• Like 2

Once more with feeling. 

To put up a video, go to Youtube.

Use the search facility at the top to search by song or artist.  

You may get several results and it takes seconds to try a few to see which have decent videos and audio sound quality.

Choose your video and either..1. Copy the URL from the address bar, or right click on the playing video and select 'copy URL.'

Just paste that into your post.

Sometimes, Youtube will not allow you to post your video 'inline' (i.e...so that you get an image rather than a link)  I don't have an answer for that, except that sometimes..when you paste the copied address into your post..it's worth trying placing your cursor right at the end of it and pressing return.. that sometimes seems to work.

Anyway.. thanks for reminding me of the great Sam Cooke...

As a poster on Pinkfish used to say.. 'So much music...so little time..'

I had forgotten The Sam Cooke version I have no idea why, because he made some brilliant records. I have just listened to both versions and  I have to say I  can happily sing along to both. Both singers remind me of times in my yoof.

Thank you for the instructions again DJ. I have taken a screen print and  safely tucked it away. 

I sent benj my instructions but I think yours are easier to follow. Good luck benj.

• Like 1

I had forgot Sam Cooke's version too.....excellent......i chose Craig douglas cos thats the copy i purchased for 6/6 from Hindleys Clumber street..........

RIGHT CLICK....COPY........CLIT....URL.............!!!   ????

• Like 1

Oh dear benj, I take it my instructions didn't help. Some one will come to the rescue. You will have to nobble one of your sons for some tuition when the virus is safely under control. 

It's very frustrating when you want to add something to a post and can't fathom it out.:Shock:

• Like 1