Oztalgian

What are you listening to now ??

Something a bit different to my usual stuff:

Not much recent (as if 1998 is recent..) stuff has grabbed me.. but I like this album.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 12:17 AM, DJ360 said:

• Like 1

Cheers for that Trip Hop Col..i have some stuff similar...and sometimes it appeals...like doing ceilings etc...

Kenny G/ Bill Bruford and Hugh Masekela...all in the one!

Just for general info. I've mentioned before that I am putting to gether a series of playlists for a party, revolving mostly around 60s music.  Trouble is that although I have almost all of the music I need, much is on CDs of 'dubious' provenance ( often with no 'metadata' or 'tags' to show what tune is what) and much is also on vinyl.  This makes the task a bit complex, time consuming and long winded.

So, whilst consulting with my friend, who is providing the P.A. system, he pointed out that Deezer is offering its 'Premium' music streaming service (similar to Spotify) without ads, for £0.99 per month for three months. (£10:00 pm thereafter.)

It took only an hour or so for me to create my first playlist of UK pop originals running to 2.5 hours playing time.  More to do but it's dead easy.

The only hassle sometimes is finding the original single release version as opposed to some 're recorded' or 'live at' version..  but it's all there.  You can also now download the music to your devices but I'm not sure if that means you can save it.

• Like 1

I plug my phone in Col..when doing Disco's..and use a YT song...if i have'nt got it on board.

I Am So Blue by The Poets .  has never been requested..as yet!

Looking forward to hearing your playlists.

Ian.

For about the 25th year..i Again!

prevented those foxhunters coming onto my land..they really dislike it!!

horrible and barbaric..snobs...

Sweet carry the torch☆☆

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

One thing i have noticed about the Sleafords..they are getting better.

Our kid who is 63 has followed them since he used to chat on an early stoner..when giving out the Metro.

Without a doubt, the best version of many floating around on the web.  The Original Fleetwood Mac delivering blues perfection.

50 years gone...  Where?

Two stunning versions of the same song..... decades apart..

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Without a doubt, the best version of many floating around on the web.  The Original Fleetwood Mac delivering blues perfection.

50 years gone...  Where?

Other than 50 year's..Great post DJ360..

Thanks.. but you lost me HSR..  Is 1968 not 50 years ago? or are we going for 51 this early in the year?

• Like 1

No need to rub it in DJ360. Anyway i'll go on kidding myself that 1968 was only 40 years ago!

Another '68-'69 er.

Early Bob Seger.

saw himself and The Silver Bullet Band in Ann Arbour.( video is before Eat Me and Deliveroo.)

On 1/4/2019 at 12:46 AM, DJ360 said:

Something a bit different to my usual stuff:

Liverpool 02 Academy 2nd March booked in for the whole weekend, want to give old Antony Gormley's work on Crosby Beach a look on the Monday.  

• Like 1

Excellent RR. I'd give Matthew St a look while you're there. Cavern is free entry until evening.  Cavern Pub opposite is interesting and there's a new Cavern Restaurant but I've not tried it yet.

Don't know the academy but lots of reviews say it's far too hot in there.  May be better in winter  :)

If you want to see the Gormley stuff, you can drive easily enough, or you could get a Merseyrail Train.  Underground from Lime St Lower Level onto the Wirral Line then get off at Central and change to the Northern Line.  Don't stay on the Wirral Line after James Street or you will go under the Mersey and have to swap over at Hamilton Square and come back.. it's a loop.

Course, depending on where you are staying it may be easier to walk to Central or to Moorfields. Both on the Northern Line.

Map here:  https://www.merseyrail.org/_common/map/networkmap.htm

One of my Crosby shots from March 2009

21146606178_f47df7008e_c.jpg

Col

• Upvote 1

Listening to an American station called Green Onions Radio via Tune In Radio .

Listening on the laptop and blue-toothed to the TV Sound bar . They play non stop Soul , Blues , Motown mainly 60s ,  no djs , no adverts , great so far !

https://tunein.com/radio/Green-Onions-Radio-s253292/

• Like 1

Booked opposite Lime Street station, the plan was to train it, but the 2 changers & over 3 hour journey & £136 for two the rockets coming out. My all time favorite pub The Ship & Mitre will be my base, I may have caught The Cavern Club at the wrong time, but every visit it's stank down there, but it will get a quick visit, not sure if you've drank Mathew Street late on a Saturday night? You have to keep your wits about you, Everton play Liverpool over the same weekend, so if I can blag 2 tickets for that ..... results all round!    

• Like 1

Not sure I understand all of your post RR.

My mate Picko pays under £30 day return from Bulwell Market to Lime Street, though usually midweek and with an old git's Railcard.  Only change is at Nottm Midland then its via Sheffield and the Hope Valley line > Edale.Stockport > Manchester > Lime Street  Stockport to Lime St is a bit tedious.. but..

According to this:  https://www.thetrainline.com/book/results?origin=489c2c8ebd052d8d02a022940c53b10c739c318a&destination=4b010f78562accad47c070355dd55fdc7171f2b2&outwardDate=2019-01-18T09%3A30%3A00&outwardDateType=departAfter&journeySearchType=return&passengers[]=1989-01-17&inwardDate=2019-01-21T12%3A00%3A00&inwardDateType=departAfter&selectedOutward=ZMPfuyZ65tk%3D%3ABW3tAjQ9uTI%3D&selectedInward=3LS5X%2Fe05iA%3D%3A9dHmwhoYvq8%3D

You can get a Fri-Mon return under £50

Ship and Mitre is a great pub for choice of beers, real ales etc.  Food is crap though. Rigby's further down Dale St on same side is pretty decent ad better food.  Also the Hole in the Wall up a side alley just past Rigby's.. allegedly L'pool's oldest pub.

Yes, as my mate Franny, Manager at the Cavern says ... "The Cavern Live Lounge is the quietest place in Matthew St at night, even when the band is playing."  Sadly all of the other 'hanger on' places have headbanging music at night and turn the street into a hell on Earth for me.  Can't say I've ever noticed any bad smell in the Cavern and they added aircon a couple of years ago. But, unless I'm going to see a specific band , usually in the Cavern Live Lounge behind the repro Cavern 'Front Stage', I only go in during the day.  Much more interesting.  Watching tourists, talking to friends and the regular performers, generally having a laugh before a swift exit around 6:00 pm and home.

The only proper pub on Matthew Street.. the Grapes, seems to be closed at present... pity.  The Crocodile in Harrington Street ( out of top of Matthew Street, cross over, left then right) is a good town centre pub too, but they all get packed and loud at night, esp. on weekends.

P.S.  For young trendy types like yourself...  :rolleyes:.. there is a lot of activity around the 'Baltic Triangle' at the far end of the Docklands area, along the Strand and around Blundell St, Parliament St.  A good friend is very active in the Threshold Festival.. though it's mostly not my thing.. man... :)

Also lots of activity near the Unis.. Rodney St, Upper Duke St etc.,  but  bit more spread out.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Not sure I understand all of your post RR.

Easy .... anytime after 10am 2nd March from Nottingham Station to Lime Street  3 hours & 5 minutes 2 changes Tamworth & Stafford £111.60 - Return 4th March after 5pm Lime Street to Nottingham Station cheapest £21 Total for 2 £132.60 no railcard.

I tend not to eat in pubs, pubs are for drinking, restaurants for eating. The Philharmonic & Baltic Fleet will get a visit, I think it might be the cleaner in The Cavern that's a bit handy with the bleach & disinfectant, I do have sharp sense of smell.