Historical Photos of Nottingham

Some time ago I found a photo of Norman Villas in Netherfield which is where I spent my early years.  I've tried to find it recently on Picture the Past and other websites and haven't come across it again.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks GUYS!

• Like 1

Was that the street between Deabill St; and Godfrey street. Lizzie?   If it was I knew one gal my age who lived there.  Her name was Kathleen Hickling if I remember rightly.   Never saw or heard of her again after We moved from Hodgkinson st.

12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Some time ago I found a photo of Norman Villas in Netherfield which is where I spent my early years.  I've tried to find it recently on Picture the Past and other websites and haven't come across it again.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks GUYS!

Can you remember if you found it on PTP in the first place....or was it posted by someone on here ? 

Is it the photos here ?  https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/7214-dunstan-street-netherfield/?page=2    (Scroll down half way; there are several photos in a post by Nathan B. When you click on it, it automatically cycles between three photos )

Thinking it over, Lizzie.  I remember you said they were at the top of Dunstan street.  I think I got confused because there is a Norman street between Deabill and Godfrey streets.  Cliffs photo is great but I just can't orientate myself on it.  The only thing I can pin down is the old coaling plant. the white triangular shaped tower near the top left of the photo.

You weren't dreaming Lizzie, cos I remember the photo you are on about. I have gone through all the past threads and can't find it. Wonder if it disappeared when Photobucket was being awkward and removed photos? Having said that, there would still be a reference to it, even if the picture went. It's a mystery. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

The only thing I can pin down is the old coaling plant. the white triangular shaped tower near the top left of the photo.

Loppy, there’s a photo of me and a friend standing somewhere in Netherfield with that big concrete thing in the background, I always thought it was a monster when I was little!  I’ll try to find it and post. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not sure where to post this  but I have found on my web searches a site on artist Rob Rowland, www.robrowland.co.uk,  and I thought some of you might be interested in viewing some of his work.  Many of his paintings are of the railways and of old areas which reminded me of memories of Nottingham. I have purchased one which looks like it is at the top of the stairs leading up from the old Broadmarsh, " a kind of loving".  Many of them revived old memories of how Nottingham used to be. I was going to copy one and post it on here but with the recent comments on copyright I thought better of it.

After purchasing the print the wife diplomatically reminded me she never went in that area with me ,you will know what I mean if you see the print, In the 60s Hucknall girls thought you needed a passport to leave the Town.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

'Publish and be damned' was mentioned recently Trogg, which is an outrageous statement in this day and age, when sueing and lawsuits are rampant, but I'm certain that If you commend the artist, you should be ok. 

I have taken your advice, Fly here are three which I like ,the first is from Nottingham, the second is like a typical street in Nottingham and the third is a print I purchased as it reminded me of my early teenage years in the Broadmarsh area, hope you like them. They are all available from Rob Rowlands site.
master-cutler.jpg

mam-look.jpg

thestairs.jpg

• Like 10

Terrific choices Trogg..................lovely Nostalgic pictures,, think 'Kind of Loving'' filmed mostly in Manchester 1960 ish,,but so evocative of many Northern City's............a good snog in the cold of winter near the Viaducts.....lovely    lol

• Like 4

Just a few words but they can evoke so many memories of really dancing on the shore. Aaah,  It has to be Skeggy Shore. That's the only  place we went when we were young. Dreaming..I'm always Dreaming.  Choir please. All new members welcome. :biggrin:

• Like 1
...dreaming, till all my dreaming comes true

searching, I'm always searching, hoping I'll find
someone, someone who needs me

Used to love that song.    It has a real yearning in the words which really appealed to the teenage Margie with all her life ahead of her......  
  • Like 6