Richard Baker

Our Music teacher at Carlton-le-Willows taught Richard Baker before WW11, strange how that has stuck in my memory, especially as I wasn’t much of a music scholar, I didn’t get beyond playing the triangle.  

Maybe Mr Todd was the person who first got Richard Baker interested in classical music.  

• Upvote 1

A sad loss, and a true professional.

I remember Richard Baker. I'm a bit out of touch with personalities and I tend to remember them as they were not taking into account that even they age. But was surprised to see he was 95. R.I.P. So sad.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Our Music teacher at Carlton-le-Willows taught Richard Baker before WW11, strange how that has stuck in my memory, especially as I wasn’t much of a music scholar, I didn’t get beyond playing the triangle.  

Maybe Mr Todd was the person who first got Richard Baker interested in classical music.  

I didn't know that about Mr Todd - he must have been a young teacher when he taught a young Richard Baker!

I heard today that Richard Baker was the narrator in Mary, Mungo and Midge - my kids loved that programme

• Upvote 1