Query?? About Old Radford

Thank you to all our readers for your good wishes. Phil, I've been darlin' at our local shop for about the last ten years. Who'd have though it, you get a bus pass and suddenly your decrepit and ready for the glue factory. Im just a recycled teenager. !! B.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes BK, there are several 'experts' on here. Cliffton finds photos DavidW will search newspaper archives Ann Swaby is the person to help on ancestry queries Carni is the cake exper

Dont care who is reading this thread, it's my Birthday and I'm 75 ! so there, I am now going out to the garden centre for a silk cactus and cup of coffee, then maybe shop for my zimmer frame. Have a g

BK, you can usually rely on CT to dig deep and find relevant info and photos.  

I once employed a wise office manager who when dealing with authorities such as DHSS and the Revenue said it was best to ‘act daft’. They then showed sympathy and did everything for you. I’ve applied this philosophy in my dotage and find it works well. Just stand back and look bewildered and someone does it all for you! :biggrin:

Phil...……  SSSSSSSHH!! Stop it immediately or I'll be forced to report your post and set the D.O.G.S. on you. (Doddery Old Geezers Society)

You can't just go around revealing secrets like this.... there will be consequences!  :rulez:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I once employed a wise office manager who when dealing with authorities such as DHSS and the Revenue said it was best to ‘act daft’. They then showed sympathy and did everything for you. I’ve applied this philosophy in my dotage and find it works well. Just stand back and look bewildered and someone does it all for you! :biggrin:

I don't have to act, it comes natural.

4 hours ago, katyjay said:

Late to the party as usual, but Happy Birthday Beekay, hope it's a great day.

Hi Katy, better to be late than not coming at all. Grab up a chair, we've saved you a slice of birthday cake. unionflag

• Like 1