IAN123.

3 randoms.

7 hours ago, plantfit said:

I knew the old Mr Lymm and his son in law Mr Rose quite well when I was apprentice in a garage on Sneinton road, all his Rolls Royce car were ex embassy cars with the exception of the hearse of course, I was offered a job working for them by the old Mr Lymm as driver mechanic as I had done some work on their cars, don't think I could have done the funeral bit,ok with the mechanical side though,so didn't accept the job offer, 

Rog

I'm going for a ride in one of their RRs next week Rog, NOT the hearse tho I hasten to add !  smile2

We had one from Lymns as our wedding car many years ago - again not a hearse. My wife’s uncle drove for Lymns and he much preferred funerals to weddings. ‘All that confetti to clear up’.

Reminds me of the time when I was waiting for the manager of the garage I worked at to arrive and open up,there was two of Lymms Rolls Royce outside also waiting to fill up with petrol,one limo and one hearse, I asked one of the drivers if I could have a go in one,at that they bundled me up and put me in the back of the hearse and promptly drove off up Sneinton road,there was I trying to sit up in the back,driver and his co pilot laughing their heads off and the general public wondering what the hell was happening, never asked them again, by the way Old Mr Lymm would only have Major two star petrol put in his Rolls Royce's

Rog

• Like 3

The good old 'leaded'stuff that smelt totally different, and better, than today's stuff, or is it just me that used to like the smell of petrol ?

• Like 2

Not very good when you got covered in it,changing fuel filters, cleaning carbs,repairing fuel pumps, started off ok but after a time it got a bit nauseous, but I know what you mean

Rog

• Like 3

The new version ..never as good.2-NTGM007253.jpgI was down Bridgeway last week - 20/1 winner in me lucky spot.

Got a Mansfield bitter beer mat..with Bomber & Colin Barrets autographs..Have to visit the loft again!

• Like 1

Father Tyson.. Liked a drink ! Mum recalls him dropping a bottle of whiskey & it smashing in the local shop. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:11 AM, IAN123. said:

Nice blazers lads!PA-7070426.jpglooks like Dennis with the cans on.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!   Munich    FOREST 1   MELMO 0 European Cup 30th May 1979  afterwards having hands on the cup in the Jubliee  club at the Forest Ground Afterwards dining with the Forest Players at "MADISON'S"

• Like 2

Crikey, oh for that team now !

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 1:43 AM, HSR said:

Father Tyson.. Liked a drink ! Mum recalls him dropping a bottle of whiskey & it smashing in the local shop. 

Father Tyson was a Father not a vicar as St Stephens was a high church, he was excellent he would drive around in a Sports car whizzing around the local area yes!!!! he did like a drink, the day I married the Master he stood with him having a drinks at the "Market Tavern" facing the swimming baths on Bath Street .  Not sure if this is the correct name of the pub but at 2 30 he left with the Master so we could get married at 3 00 it is now a few years since we were married by Father Tyson I will see if I can put the photo on this thread, WATCH THIS SPACE!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Crikey, oh for that team now !

it would be great if they all came back and we could see them play again 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, mary1947 said:

I WAS THERE!!!!!!   Munich    FOREST 1   MELMO 0 European Cup 30th May 1979  afterwards having hands on the cup in the Jubliee  club at the Forest Ground Afterwards dining with the Forest Players at "MADISON'S"

Me too! Munich that is..Happy days when you had to cut out the token in the programme!

Bridlesmith Gate...fountain2.jpg..before it was paved, Selectadisc and The Fountain.

• Like 1

Bridlesmith Newsagent and Giftcard Shop..an old Post Office originally stood on the site of The Fountain Pub.7b649659d74fe135e5ac4fdf0729628f-notting

• Like 1

Who remembers leaning against that steel rail..awaiting the bouncer to let you in?The-Fountain-Bridlesmith-Gate-City-Centr..smart little Cafè existed up that alley near the Tailors..became Peppermill 2.

• Like 2

I did 'hear' when i worked On Bridlesmith Gate..a certain man paid for Bottle Lane to be re-cobbled and 'helped' pave Bridlesmith Gate..paving the way for summat eh?

• Like 1

HSR  and i were just chatting last night...63792-1-640-640-UNPAD.jpgJosiah Brown for fags.

• Upvote 1

Parlo...long before BPS and Ruby Tuesdays.Parliament-Street-looking-towards-Derby-i remember Taylor religous books at school.