IAN123.

3 randoms.

'Woolworths before Broad Marsh..when Albert was a Street.'

Thanks . Really interesting, shows me that Broad March centre wasn't to blame..the quality buildings had already gone,  to create a car park. 60's builds were bad but the motor car was the true evil.

• Like 1

Was this car park created in the mid thirties? If so it must have been huge.

When studying my family tree, members lived in the narrow marsh area off Sussex Street near Weekday Cross viaduct, which also became a car park..would this be the same development?

• Like 1

Bottom end of Carlton Rd.2-i15653102-x241007tr1-7-NTGM012986-jpg...bikes and Black & Decker in my day.

• Like 2

Johnsons Arms, 1965.abbey-st-johnson-1965.jpgNarrow Boat, Red Cow..great sessions 'round here.

St.Peters Gate...anyone recall the pre-McDonald burger joint next to the Horse & Groom?d88103b79540ed2cb25e5aba978058f5-notting

Mavericks, Pool table upstairs, think the signage was Green. Come on Eileen constantly on repeat play. Great memories & Burgers..

• Like 1

Top man HSR. Staff wore Tartan shirts..i was addicted to the Galaxican machine in there..

• Like 1

Did you master the spinning 2p technique to get a 10p credit? I was useless! A mate of mine could do it close on 100 percent. The machines in bowling alley sometimes with a penny !

• Like 1

Never.. useless too..downstairs at Selectadisc was a great haunt..run by Legsy  Alan Peck.

• Like 2

Your mention of downstairs Selectadisc reminded me of something, I recall it being open at night..well after 7pm. remember having to carry my purchase's! This was 1982-83.

• Like 1

Stayed open til' 10pm..always remember buying Valerie by Steve Winwood.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:31 PM, IAN123. said:

Princess Margaret roughs it at Calverton..1954.1954-overalls-trans-Nv-BQz-QNjv4-Bqb-Sry

Is that Gp Cpt, Peter Townsend RAF, on her right? The doomed courtship and hopeful marriage that never was?

• Like 2

Someone mentioned the Wig Parlour a while back, to the right of the Dog & Bear.67166-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

The cult shop that was Birdcage. 66945-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgImage, Bus Stop, Boogaloo- all round here.

The third of a Bridlesmith Gate theme.67173-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgTemperance Building..next door but one to The Fountain.

3 Breweries...53271-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgMansfield Rd.1960- The Nottm Brewery Co . The Roebuck survived demolition and became various pubs after.York House subsequently filled the gap.

6 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Two Nottm kids on a Carters Drinks tasting.

Guaranteed a sugar rush ther Ian

Rog

• Like 1

Pack of hounds pile of a train in 1906.gettyimages-3322607-612x612.jpg...bound for Aston Hall?

• Like 1

I notice in a lot of these pictures from the forties and fifties and in some cases sixties the "workers" all look thin and tired yet the dignitaries look well fed and healthy and probably never done a days physical work in their lives, looking at Ian's last picture the Raleigh worker is around forty years old yet he looks a lot older than the suits who are all probably late fifties early sixties, about the only time the "worker" had ever seen a cigar would be at christmas time yet the bloke on his right is probably blowing ciger smoke over the poor sod,

I'm no communist but can't help but feel for the poor sod stood there wringing his hands and knowing his place in society when all the others have not got a clue what his life is like and the hardships he has to deal with, and are they really interested? perhaps not

Rog

• Like 3