IAN123.

3 randoms.

Did this stop get moved to Friar Lane?s-l300.jpgStood outside D&P or Co-op Bank on many a chilly morning..heading for the hell that was D82.

• Like 2

Yes, the 4/4a stop was moved to Friar Lane. Used to catch it in the mid 70s to go and see my then girlfriend in Beeston before I got the Anglia.

• Like 1

4...well it's New Year!..Early 1960's Pelham & High St. Boots Cash Chemist..that a Riley?store6.jpg

Snapped from outside the Bank...to the right was a Seed Store mid- century.657ecb7c9f0235081fe82fa7a4dfdd33-notting

6 shop..or sex shop to Boots workers closed and re-opened in Vic Centre..Maples, Spoils, Zara all had residency.68305-1-640-640-UNPAD.jpg

• Like 2

There were several Hicklings Wine & Spirit Suppliers about town...bit like Skinner &  Rook.4345260.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

What i used to call Hockley junction.51430-1-280-99999-unpad.jpga well placed Marsdens an' all.

Relief manager there,,1965,,remember closing a few minutes for Churchill's funeral,,also serving Wally Swifts family,,

• Like 1

Nice memory Ben...just remembered ..looking back at the YMCA photo..it was clad in shiny black tiling...being those times...harry-worth1.jpg..we copied Harry Worth.

• Like 2

Hunto here..68280-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgDated 1973..the very purple roof to Victoria Bus Station is evident...as is York House and the old Bluecoat School. Had Hopewells moved here by then?. Think a discussion about those annex single storey buildings have taken place before..i refused a Thatcher based YOP scheme there...this taken from what later became Sytners.

• Like 1

Rose of England..Yorker ..or Filly and Firkin...64889-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgHSR gave me a jolt about the great rock discos in times mists.Nice to see Jolleys on the right..first to have white bonnet & boot taxis.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Hunto here..68280-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgDated 1973..the very purple roof to Victoria Bus Station is evident...as is York House and the old Bluecoat School. Had Hopewells moved here by then?. Think a discussion about those annex single storey buildings have taken place before..i refused a Thatcher based YOP scheme there...this taken from what later became Sytners.

This bought back some memories. I worked at the BBC for a while when then transferred from York House to the new London Road building. So I spent several months with my desk looking out across the bus centre. Also I had previously spent some time in the BBC at York House for another company doing survey work on bus and taxi movements at the Victoria bus station and it was a convenient observation point.  

• Like 1

This might be more of a familiar sight Letsav...68284-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg1971 here..times i tramped this road with Ma...all bound for the Washouse with pissed sheets strapped to a pushchair.That place opposite the showroom was a family first gaff years ago.Cattle Market Kates pitch..was where the More O'Farrell posters end.

Forresters and White Hart also.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Windmill Pub..originally on Windmill Street.1-1619704.jpgThis was knocked and replaced.

• Like 1