IAN123.

3 randoms.

Fogrider must mean this?ews7.jpgNot seen one to be honest...though the varying yellow 'H' and MOD arrows did intrigue me as a kid.

Learnt summat new.

• Like 1

The emergency water tank that I remember best was the one on the Forest. It was where the park and ride is now. When it was removed C1947 it left a muddy pond full of sticklebacks. The two exposed tanks in Slab Square were also removed in the late 40's. The air raid shelter on Peveril St was removed at about the same time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Mundella on Collygate.images-15.jpg

From Fraser Rd actually. I remember we did 'cross-country' with the start/finish just opposite that bloke. Figure of eight round the recs, measured at 1.8 miles, weird what sticks in your mind. For us proper X-country lads, that was just the warm-up though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Skinner & Rook on Arkwright St.63085-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

My poor old mam used to visit Bothbys quite regularly. When my Vitesse battery used to drain she'd whip it round for a charge-up. Borrowed the neighbours pushchair and wheeled it there and back. Bless 'er.

• Like 1

No Ian, they were a bit sh!t actually. Weight in the boot was beneficial. You could get a kit to alter the reverse-camber but if I couldn't even afford a new battery.... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TBI said:

No Ian, they were a bit sh!t actually. Weight in the boot was beneficial. You could get a kit to alter the reverse-camber but if I couldn't even afford a new battery.... 

Transverse leaf suspension system - an old and basic design/idea which funnily enough, my Merc. Sprinter van now uses on the front to great effect.

• Like 2

Did this stop get moved to Friar Lane?s-l300.jpgStood outside D&P or Co-op Bank on many a chilly morning..heading for the hell that was D82.

• Like 2

Yes, the 4/4a stop was moved to Friar Lane. Used to catch it in the mid 70s to go and see my then girlfriend in Beeston before I got the Anglia.

• Like 1