Sign in to follow this  
IAN123.

3 randoms.

Looks like whoever re-coloured a b&w photo of the Square wasn't from Nottingham. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Bit Baltic over here tonight.e3e6d3ff1ae78652cd247e0647c42a60.jpgThink this is 62' or '66- Mitchells & Butler was the Nottm Vic tipple.

The Christain Science Reading Rooms were in between the side exit to the Moulin Rouge Cinema and what was Deluxe Cars/ Dolphin Motors.A wintery Shakepeare St.anyroad.

Got a thing for Thames pickups lately.2f5775e4ba0cef129ae41b49748a2eed.jpgChapel Bar looks like transformation no.1 is taking place.Nice bike & sidecar rig.

• Like 2

Ray Brooks and Michael  Crawford look like dominating cinema.236cdd36029646dcae1f50d6b490474b5.jpgThe Sound of Mucous in 'Odeon One'.

Liked them Standards.

• Like 1

Bottom of Victoria Street.67165-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgSeem to recall this as a Travel Agents too.QE up Bottle Lane and The Arreba gave great nights.

When clubbing was ' cool'.Madisons.jpgSunset & Vine...then do the row boat song down Maddos.

A winters Glasshouse St.1970's .68642-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThe White Hart became Owd Boots for a time...top right was the centre security offices.

Hollowstone and caves.caves.jpgRear of the Ice Stadium can be seen..a Public House stood near the Herald estate one time.

Glasshouse St.again..times i walked that road with Parrs faggots for tea.68640-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgRenault leaving the carpark...stairs were there once when vic mkt was alive.

• Like 1

Glued to the snooker at the mo!

3 cue sport related snaps..Applebee Snooker Rooms, Beeston.d068dfcbd176f421cd6403c8222aed18.jpg

Showing a 1960's Forman St.empire.jpgQuite a few Snooker and Billiard Halls existed about these parts..Forman, Goldsmith, Burton, South Sherwood and King Streets all boasted such venues at one time.

• Like 1

Gents Snooker tables being installed in Hopkins Snooker Club, Nottm.Elston-and-Hopkin-burnaby-hall-gent-tbal

• Like 1

3 boozers from times past.0-NTGM009891.jpgThe Lord Belper..Robin Hood Street..nice vans.

Circa '66.0-NTGM002063.jpgNow we're talking..The Wrestlers at Sneinton Hollers..Bendigo is further down.0-NTGM004589.jpgReal irish and a Select Bar!

The Rose & Thistle on Wollaton Street.

Camped in the snug with a bag of Big D plenty..whilst pops was with his gun crowd.

Got swallowed up when City Gate building flew up...The Toll Bar were'nt the same.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, IAN123. said:

Hollowstone and caves.caves.jpgRear of the Ice Stadium can be seen..a Public House stood near the Herald estate one time.

I think that is the first pub my friends mum and dad ran. Spent many hours there with her before going to the Catholic Club near who had a disco type thing on at the weekend.  Racked my brains but can’t remember the name.

• Like 2

SG..the The Town Arms was nearby..but i was trying to recall the pub on Hollowstone. Near Sam Wards garage was a club that did Disco's..Den Shaw remembered it last year.( forgot..duh!)

Just found it! Horne's Castle.4f418b9b766e7327c331256aeb473b95.jpgstrange i always thought it was on the other side..in this gap..where the cars are parked.99f18e7ed394e0876ff7a93f84208166.jpg

Horne's Castle pub...1920's. Built in the mid -1700's and Horne himself was a nasty character by all accounts..even a Nottm saying came from his antics.hornes-castle.jpg

I never went in the club, it was there late seventies. A few bus drivers went in there, it was good for a late drink.