IAN123.

3 randoms.

mentioned you a few times in Despatches..concerning St Anns and Union Rd. etc..

In The Streets Thread.

Ian.

Thanks I will check it out...….. I feel famous  lol

• Like 1

Btw is there a thread where you can search for lost friends and school mates ?

• Like 1

There is mate..on ooh Are ya..the top menu section..and there is Schools further down.

• Like 1

Halifax Place again...but from Pilcher Gate...retired MP mate lives here now.68686-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

• Like 1

When was the bridge removed from 'marble arch'?..no cover for a goodnight peck..before boarding the 141.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, IAN123. said:

Halifax Place again...but from Pilcher Gate...retired MP mate lives here now.68686-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

Think is is where Stoney St Car Park is now built,  taken from Pilcher Gate ........ where’s Halifax Place? 

No Lizzie, Halifax Place is still there, off Pilcher Gate, where the Lace Market car park is.  Stoney St car park is a block away top of Barker Gate. Where the white end of the building can be seen is now the Lace market Theatre.

13 minutes ago, TBI said:

No Lizzie, Halifax Place is still there, off Pilcher Gate, where the Lace Market car park is.  Stoney St car park is a block away top of Barker Gate. Where the white end of the building can be seen is now the Lace market Theatre.

Friends of ours have been living in Halifax House on Halifax Place, right next door to the Lace Market Theatre, for the past 30+ years.  It’s a taller building than that of the theatre and I can’t see it. It’s on those two photos, with windows in the roof.  

3-E585708-8-B8-F-496-E-9-A13-9-EB42842-B

• Upvote 1

My mistake Lizzie, it is looking from Pilcher Gate but Halifax Place will be to the right of the car park out of shot. To the left is St Marys Gate. Sorry, I thought you were asking if Halifax Place is now the Stoney St car park.

On the original old photo, the row of buildings on the left are on the corner of Broadway / St Mary's Gate.

This shows them relative to everything else today.

YauZTBP.jpg

When i lived at Halifax Place..my flat looked out at this.60525-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThe new flats were set back..where the carpark was..Simon& Mays vanished also.

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

When i lived at Halifax Place..my flat looked out at this.60525-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThe new flats were set back..where the carpark was..Simon& Mays vanished also.

Halifax House is the building on left of photo, their car park is through the archway, where the car is parked.  They bought the entire (old lace factory) building in the 1980s and converted it into apartments and have always lived in one of them.  Lace Market Theatre next door.  

• Like 1

Also known in the past as Jack Nuthalls Lane..think the Halifax bloke lived in a big house near Shire Hall.