IAN123.

3 randoms.

1967 on Alferton Rd.

Skills ( bought me first Airfix kit here.)..a Lysander.images-10.jpgWindmill boozer and Jersey Kapwoods.

• Like 1

The Austin (or Hillman ) utility is ex army, WW2. The reg JRL was issued in 1947, probably when disposed of. It's a Cornwall issue, long way to fetch a pile of sand from !

• Like 1

If I remember correctly Ian, Jersey kapwoods chimney was octagonal,and 120ft, don't know what they were burning but it was a mucky bugger, only went up it the once. The gals in the factory would wave and shout lewd comments.

• Like 1

I was watching a video a while back Waddo..one on my old game..Pylons..then another one..that you on the spire?

Had a go at pylon toshing in between jobs,was with 'Cundys' at frog island Leicester, only stook it for about a month!! Luckily another 'jacking' job appeared,Nevilles at Leicester. Can't see a picture of the spire your on about!.

• Like 1

Milton St... X3.64497-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgViewed from Trinity Square carpark..Miltons Head is on the way out..The Welbeck has vanished..evidence of cars on Clumber st.was that a two way?

• Like 2

Looking the other way..1971.61424-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgLadies and Gents toilets faced the side entrance to Jessops...the Nat West Bank was the first i remember seeing with a cash dispenser.The new Mechanics was ugly.

• Like 2

Back again but a little later...64498-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThe Miltons has been levelled exposing Burtons Tailors..scaffolding in addition to the Bank near the camera..which had a fine garden behind it...with mature trees!.. allowed in when i did Rons Newsagent paper round. I also noticed around this time..due to modernisation..lots of buildings shed their chimneys.

• Like 2

The new Victoria Centre.The yellow logo proved popular ..long before tote or bag for life..a hessian one from the 'Booth'..only10p.Victoria Hotel felt a little dated..so a revamp was a must.Note the two free buses concealing The Whistle Stop Bar..1973.63822-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

• Like 2

Just down the road apiece..but 1968 here...The Welbeck and all these outlets were on borrowed time.66670-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

• Like 3

Taken from the corner of Parliament Terrace.c9b5101a1aa17aaf7303243ce16b34de.jpgfar left would be Tavern In The Town..Pearsons Store..The Fox Pub..Parliament st.Cafe( became cheap booze & fags before Trinity Walk)..The Palace Coffee House..Costas chips were the best..Mr.Pickwicks upstairs..Taylors..( became Cavendish Woodhouse.)

West End Arcade..great for BPS Deli and wigs.

• Like 5

Interior of West End Arcade...that once buzzed..49299911-346128502640192-458509231497612Trevor on here owned the Caff at the end..Coombs and Browns Toy Shop..Music Inn..and Curls?..Ladies Hairdressers.

• Like 2

Angel Row entrance to West End Arcade..seemed to lend a certain charm..whereas the top section facing Vickki fashions was drab.76423a1b4908c4f3d83fc6a975d29ab9.jpgD.E.R  TV  shop and George and Dragon flank each side.

• Like 3

TBI might recognise the locale.Note the Sunday paper seller..tucked a few copies behind the drainpipe ..for the passing motorist.e9f87027f23646866a65602cbf5e4e77.jpg

• Like 3

Regarding TBI image above: what was the nice stone building behind the roundabout?..levelled that for a carpark...saints preserve us!

• Like 1

Late 1950's canal scene..nottingham-canal-cartwrights-2.jpg.Think that is Cartwrights houseboat in the background.

• Like 1

Guy tops up the tank on Abbey Street.abbey-st-garage-1950s.jpgwas this Shotts originally?

One can see prime real estate to the rear..itching to become the QMC.

• Like 1