IAN123.

3 randoms.

I can remember a place we sometimes used to go after the pubs shut, think it was called the Belvedere (?)  From what I can remember you sometimes had to queue to get in, it was up a flight of stairs and wasn’t very big and it didn’t serve alcohol.

Mushy peas, and imitation beer !  Psychedelic images on the wall too !

Finally pictured Byard Lane and Bridlesmith gate, thanks Lizzie M. You also knocked my memory into gear - 

Re the Cabin club, it was run by May Borthwick, (not Madge)  always had a little poodle with her.

This might help Fog...50364-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgLooking up Byard Lane from Bridlesmith Gate...i lived in the upstairs flat for a short time..above the Club. Then- there was Paul Smiths.. ..Akins Bookies..Uriah Heeps...Hansons? Barbers and an expensive delph shop..cannot recall it's name..around the corner was Laura Ashley..Plain Clothes. Traks..1868 Boulevard or summat.

• Like 2

Collingtons Farm on Lougborough Road...this was sold and Gem/ Asda built in it's place.The-farm-site-in-Loughborough-Road-whichi knew Bob Collington the Police diver..wonder if he was related?

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Bank Place..off St.Peters Gate.dedc4cb788ad611351fcf74dd62efd3c.jpg

The last time visited Nottingham in 1999 this was a Pub/Restaurant. Look's very select in the picture.. don't think i would have got in back then! 

• Like 1

The dark building on the corner was cleaned and became Barclays bank and a young Commo was tasked, as one of his office junior responsibilities, with delivering the daily office takings there.

• Like 1

The Shoulder of Mutton..Basford.

Good pint-and out the way if you had a bit of business going on.download-1.jpg

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

The Shoulder of Mutton at Huthwaite.

This was actually a combined pub and butchery hence the name. I wonder if the same applied to many other pubs with the same name? Closed in 2002 and now a bikie club house

• Like 1

Shoulder of Mutton on Valley Road at Basford long gong, now a Maccy Ds  !

• Like 1

Shame..that Mick..i had a shufty on Google Maps..are they in cahoots with KFC..they are dotted everywhere..saints preserve us..does anyone cook over there?

Shoulder became The Rocket..saw The Glitter Band in there...minus him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Like The Kebab and Calculator Oz?

The Young Ones, not to be confused with the Cliff Richard song of the same name

• Like 1

I remember an accident at the Kirkby hill in the very early 50's. It was a Sunday evening, so we were returning home after visiting my nana in Sutton in Ashfield. 

Anyway, we reached the hill to be met with the aftermath of an accident, whereby a heavy showman's trailer at the rear of a fairground convoy had come adrift, and rolled down the hill into the front of a house on the left of the hill. Very embarrassing indeed !

The astute and cute might recognise the incline?67518-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgwartime on Mount Street..Willsons van decked out with white trim..concealed lamps..and a gasbag?

• Like 1

65503-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThe Hollies Snack Bar didn't hit the spot like the Golden Egg did....and it was better than the one below, near Boots.Sun Valley and the office block behind got a lick of 'mongolia'..received a facelift and became an Hotel.

What street is this..Upper Parliament St?

• Upvote 1

Yes, just near to the big Co-op.  The Hollies did a great full English. Especially before Forest away matches.