It looks like a good way to meet other like- minded older people.  By like-minded I mean people who haven't given up on life..... interesting people who still want to learn new things and meet new people, perhaps?  

I know a few people who are members of U3A in a couple of locations in the Nott8ngham area,  they really enjoy it too.  One friend is a member of this forum but never seems to post.  She’s really involved in a Photography group and her partner is into Creative Writing.  I would consider joining U3A if I had time to spare but I’m still working towards the kids inheritance.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I know some people who belong to U3A but they’re a bunch of old farts I wouldn’t want to associate with.:biggrin:

Each to there Own 

Don't knock it till you have tried it.

Must admit I am not a member but have lots of friends who are.

Maybe they would not want you anyway.

• Like 1

I think it very good  and like any other organisation has a variety of membership including the full range of humanity.

One man’s best friend is another’s boring old fart!

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Nothing worse than mixing with a bunch of self opinionated old people. :biggrin:

Also nothing better...……...like on here.

A while ago I looked at the U3A website to see if there was anything that interested me.

My first reaction was that everyone in the photos looked a lot older than me, so it wouldn't be suitable for me. Then I realised I might be closer to their age than I first thought, and maybe I'd fit in after all. I haven't got round to it yet, but one day...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My sister and her husband are members and have done various activities and bus trips. They just do the ones that interest them and they enjoy it.

I'd certainly join but I'm sort of housebound so meetings and courses are no-go.

• Upvote 1