Can't access the site via p.c.

As above suddenly I cant connect to NS via my p.c. I'm posting this via my phone (not wifi)  Any ideas? No problem with other sites.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had problems around lunchtime. Wrote two different posts and nothing happened when I tried to post.  I even sent a PM to Katyjay to see if I’d been banned from the site.  She either never got the me

Crikey ...... Maybe the bill payer ain't paying no more? Can't say I blame him, if it all disappears in the next few weeks, nice to have met you all, it's been a blast. 

Just tried a single Emojii with no text s a test. Press submit and the whole screen goes blank.... With many others having the same trouble the problem is server side not clients. 

Sometimes find it takes a couple of times before it will accept my password. Keeps saying caps lock is on when it isn’t.

Ok chaps. Will keep trying.

Thanks.

I had problems around lunchtime. Wrote two different posts and nothing happened when I tried to post.  I even sent a PM to Katyjay to see if I’d been banned from the site.  She either never got the message or she’s still thinking about it.   Oh well it’s enabled me to get on with more important tasks this afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's played up since early morning. It wouldn't let me edit a PM this morning , even though I'd only just typed it. 

It's probably all the online shoppers busily spending, or this site is getting clogged up.

Sorry Lizzie, was composing me annual Christmas newsletter this morning and missed your post. I wonder where they went to? Folks are saying the site was down this morning, perhaps that's why they never appeared. I saw Colin's post on FB saying it was down and I'd just been on, so it wasn't down for us foreigners! 

I also think it's the imoji's that are the problem. I used one in a PM, and it wouldn't send. I removed it, and lo and behold, it sent.

I then used one in a topic this afternoon, and again, it wasn't until I removed it that it went.

I have tried: Disabling anti virus, resetting router, disabling browser add ons, using/not using proxies, checking all sorts of other settings. Using different browsers and search engines etc. All to no avail.

Getting a bit miffed now. .

I haven't experienced any problems logging in to Nottstalgia during the day (although I wasn't trying between about 10am - 4pm).

However, I've discovered I can't post anything on NS which has a Youtube video in it. And I can't post anything with emojis - as FLY mentioned.

Although I can post photos with no problem. 

I suspect there might have been an automatic software update which has screwed things up a bit.

• Like 1

Something happened in the early hours of Tuesday morning. I had just composed an erudite response to Margie's comments on the song Baby It's Cold Outside.. which the system refused to post. I've been unable to get on the site via P.C since. I've checked every last setting at my end.. plus can access all other sites. So I am now officially appealing for help from 'Da management.'..

Failing that . I have an assortment of hammers...

Speedwise, things are OK here but I cannot post YouTube videos unless in plain text as per here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So8F3QToniI

Click on the link to calm your frustrations, perhaps.

As for emojis, I never use them.

Other forums that I use/moderate are behaving as normal.

Just tried a single Emojii with no text s a test. Press submit and the whole screen goes blank.... With many others having the same trouble the problem is server side not clients. 

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner with all the vids/photos (and even emojis) that are put on here.  The poor site must be feeling a bit stressed/overloaded!   

Question of the day:

How many emojis are equivalent to one photo?  

For quite a while now, my iPad will only play the sound, not the pictures of all videos posted on here - is that a related issue?

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, MargieH said:

For quite a while now, my iPad will only play the sound, not the pictures of all videos posted on here - is that a related issue?

I don't think so. That sounds like a different can of worms. Something in the settings on your iPad.

Margie you can have a few hundred emojis for the same size as the average music file. They are in reality GIFs with a file sizes in kilobytes, Music files are megabytes.

If your iPad is not displaying pictures then you probably don't have the necessary codec for that type of file or the settings have changed.

Videos and photos are NOT on this site, just the link is embedded to save hard drive storage space. Try uploading a photos from your own hard drive if you doubt me.

• Like 1

Your problems could be the hosts server acting up or maybe even overloaded at certain times.