Can't access the site via p.c.

I still can't even log on from my p.c ..

I'm convinced It's an issue with the site or the board software company ( Invision Community) I imagine Mick must have some way of communicating with them?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had problems around lunchtime. Wrote two different posts and nothing happened when I tried to post.  I even sent a PM to Katyjay to see if I’d been banned from the site.  She either never got the me

Crikey ...... Maybe the bill payer ain't paying no more? Can't say I blame him, if it all disappears in the next few weeks, nice to have met you all, it's been a blast. 

Just tried a single Emojii with no text s a test. Press submit and the whole screen goes blank.... With many others having the same trouble the problem is server side not clients. 

I suspect there has been a server software update and it has screwed something. Raising a ticket with Invision support should make them aware of the problem.

Col have you tried clearing you browser cache and re-booting?

Thank you for your comments, CT, Brew and Ayup.  The videos I watch on Facebook all show sound and (moving) pictures - it's just the ones on here that don't.   

Brew, I know this is the case with some of them, but the ones I mean never move at all from the first 'page'.  If I slide the little red button along the play line (or whatever it's called) then I can sometimes get some different still images but not moving ones.  As I said, I can view videos on Facebook OK

I can never get into 'What are you listening to' as my iPad just can't take it. Still, I can live without it, as I probably wouldn't play what was posted .

Same with the deluge of photos, some take an age to come through, and before some clever dick suggests it, yes, I need a new iPad 

• Like 1

I just looked at the Invision support site for Margie where they suggest trying a new private window and if it work clearing the web site data.

I cannot copy/paste the text or the URL to the site, the page just goes blank.

Living in carrot crunching country Fly I suspect it's more to do with your internet, perhaps you need a new pigeon!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Brew said:

I suspect there has been a server software update and it has screwed something. Raising a ticket with Invision support should make them aware of the problem.

Col have you tried clearing you browser cache and re-booting?

Tried that and much more Brew. Pretty certain It's not me.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

I cannot copy/paste the text or the URL to the site, the page just goes blank.

Me anorl.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Brew said:

I just looked at the Invision support site for Margie where they suggest trying a new private window and if it work clearing the web site data.

Brew, I have just read this and I have NO IDEA what it means!    Sorry......   

You should be able to clear history. Also maybe run some sort of virus/ malware type cleaner if you have them.

I've tried it all here on my p.c. but still can't log on.

Just received message saying 'resource limit reached'

The plot thickens    . .

11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Just received message saying 'resource limit reached'

The plot thickens    . .

Crikey ...... Maybe the bill payer ain't paying no more? Can't say I blame him, if it all disappears in the next few weeks, nice to have met you all, it's been a blast. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

According to my BiL who's worked in IT, it's over usage worldwide, not just a tinpot company like Invision ! 

Still can't log in via PC. And now the text controls aren't properly functioning.

Once you do get logged in Col, perhaps you need to stay logged in, in case you have problems again?  I've just tried openg NS on our lap top  and it opened straightaway because I hadn't logged off last time (which was a couple of months ago)

Well here's a surprise.  A friend advised me to try getting a free VPN  (Virtual Private Network)  to see if that helped.  The idea is that a VPN connects you anonymously to the site, so that if the site doesn't like you for some reason, it doesn't know it is you and therefore can't 'reject' you.

Anyway, after a lot of faffing and not being even sure I've correctly installed a VPN, I just logged on as normal and....  here I am!!

I shall now switch off, or disconnect the VPN to see if I can still log in..

Well that clinches it.  With the VPN disconnected I still can't log in.

Dunno whether that means I'm banned or wot...? 

Are you able to use all the site's facilities as normal via the VPN?

I use a private network based in the UK (it's quicker and more reliable than using France Télécom/Orange) and I can connect OK but I'm restricted on anything other than the basic messaging service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IM3weosOTY

See if this works?

Still seems to be 'saving' the Youtube link I tried to post above.  This is all  very weird...

Anyway.  Stuff to do. Back later.. one way or another...