Hiya Nottingham!

Hello all,

What a wonderful site!  Have been looking around for a few days trying some searches, loving what I'm seeing & finding.

I'm only briefly from Nottingham, but my family has strong roots there, which is why I'm here for my genealogy/research. 
My parents lived in Arnold off Woodside Dr before I was born, then moved to Woodthorpe on Wensley Rd for a few years before they bought the Cottage Restaurant in Kegworth. 
Around 80/81 we moved to Norfolk, about 20 miles from Norwich, then emigrated to the US in 89 to live near my grandparents (also from Nottingham).

Main Family Names I'm researching are Savage, Daykin (Radford/Denman St), Moore, among others. 

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm certain you'll find much of interest on here, and there's a good contingent of members from Arnold  / Woodthorpe areas that'll certainly furnish you with information. Happy searching !

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Mark. It is indeed a fascinating site.

My paternal great grandmother was Sarah Savage who was born in Deeping St James in Lincolnshire. I doubt there is any connection but wish you good luck with your search.

16 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Mark. It is indeed a fascinating site.

My paternal great grandmother was Sarah Savage who was born in Deeping St James in Lincolnshire. I doubt there is any connection but wish you good luck with your search.

Thanks Jill!  No, no Sarah Savage's yet.  I have a few on a disconnected part of my tree (from the 1850's)... discovered I had made a wrong turn somewhere and had a bad line but kept it around for some other possible connection since I'd spent so much time on it!  lol

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Hi Mark, I'm certain you'll find much of interest on here, and there's a good contingent of members from Arnold  / Woodthorpe areas that'll certainly furnish you with information. Happy searching !

Thanks Fly2!  Well, those are just areas we personally lived, the families are from all over.  Basford/Old Basford, Sneinton, Radford, Lenton...  my 3x Gt Grandad lived on Commerce St and have spent a lot of time reading about him and that area on the British Newspaper Archive... he was in trouble, a lot.  As it seems were quite a few different family members, have found some interesting stories. 

Hello Mark.  I crossed Wensley Road every school day from 1948 until 1954 as I walked to Arno Vale school, and even after that I used to often cycle round that area meeting up with friends.

Not that it would be one of your relatives but I went out with a Kenny Savage from Netherfield (?). in the mid 50s

hope you'll find what you're looking for...