Pete Shelley

Pete Shelley, lead singer and guitarist with the 70's punk band The Buzzcocks, has died of a suspected heart attack at the age of 63.

Whilst not exactly a fan of punk music, they were one of the better groups of that genre, and made some superb songs, including the brilliant 'Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't Have). Well we all have at some stage of our lives I suppose haven't we folks ? Superb. 

Likewise Cliff. I always count myself lucky when someone younger than myself pops it. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I thought the Buzzcocks were definitely one of the better punk bands, with several great 3-minute singles.

It's also worrying that he has died despite being younger than me :wacko:

When I read the obits in the paper, as I do each morning.  I find that probably 80% of them are now younger than me.  

It's being so cheerful keeps me going!   :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ha, ha, Loppy, but playing an organ in church is no comparison to the 'Rock 'n' Roll lifestyle ! 

• Like 1

Just been watching Guitar Heroes at the BBC, that I recorded the other night, and believe it or not, The Buzzcocks were on with Pete belting out Have you ever fallen in love etc....... Brilliant.