Group Pics incl. my Grandad, John T Savage

Not sure where to post pics of people of Nottingham, vs roads, buildings, etc...

I don't have much info on these pictures as my Grandad passed in 2012, and never asked about any of them for further info.

First is a Cricket Team, for some reason I have noted somewhere as Furs Electric (possibly).  After WW2, he briefly worked for an Electric Company in Nottingham, before getting a job as an Electrician at Saxondale Hospital where he worked for 10 years before emigrating to Canada. 

Grandad is 1st row center.

31279223817_2712a8416e_k.jpg

Next picture, I have NO IDEA what it's for, from, who they are, but it would again be in/around Nottingham.    Any insight or observations would be brilliant. 
Grandad is 1 right of dead center with hand in pocket with hair looking more wild than anyone else.  lol
32346070058_0e60b10004_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Savage said:

I don't have much info on these pictures as my Grandad passed in 2012, and never asked about any of them for further info.
First is a Cricket Team, for some reason I have noted somewhere as Furs Electric (possibly).  After WW2, he briefly worked for an Electric Company in Nottingham, before getting a job as an Electrician at Saxondale Hospital where he worked for 10 years before emigrating to Canada. 

Welcome to Nottstalgia Mark.

Your comment about Furs Electric could be correct. There was - and still is - a company named Furse  

https://new.abb.com/low-voltage/products/earthing-lightning-protection/furse 

so that is probably who he worked for.

Thanks for that!  I have some old letters somewhere that he'd received from the union to "introduce" him to the Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers when he moved to Canada and letters of recommendation.  I'll have to get that box out and see. 

I know when he worked at Saxondale Hospital, he was stabbed by a patient while he was working up a ladder... wish I'd have thought to ask about that one too.  lol