Hey! Yesterday whilst shopping in the local store I was accosted by the local freezer section man & he showed me something i've been trying to get my hands on for ages

...................steady Den, take 2 blue pills before you read on..................

lovely crispy Aunt Bessie's frozen yourshire puddings yummy! !hungry! Now, I know they aren't the same as the real thing,what is? but if I fancy a couple of snags,some mash & a yorkie I don't have to wait half an hour until they are cooked. Bliss :victory: I was able to get them when I lived over the other side of Oz but this is the 1st time they have been here in my town. The lad was so pleased with himself,especially when I gave him a kiss for his troubles,unfortunately he still charged me top dollar for them, nearly 7 bucks, but rest assured they are worth it in an emergency lips0 he didn't enjoy the kiss much he's the other way inclined......shame iknow

but if I fancy a couple of snags

is that a spelling mistake ? what's SNAGS ?

Bangers in Pommie lingo, them there humble sausages in other words. I liked my snags cremated on the barbie Caz!

Only the English would stuff them with Kiwi fruit Angi!! Nah we just cook ours until they are well dead & serve them up with a lot of onions a bun & maybe a big chunk of steak for good measure. I like mine well cooked too John, only way to go,but I like my steak to talk to me........how about you??

Not being an ex-pat, unless you count the move from Nottinghamshire to Derbyshire, I am a bit worried about posting on this topic.

Does anybody have any ideas for a good BBQ marinade to give chicken etc. a bit of an UMPH. Noting with garlic as my husband finds it revolting and nothing too exotic as we are English through and through, well he is.

A lips0

NB what the heck is catsup, I have Googled this and it comes back as ketchup, would this always be tomato?

NB what the heck is catsup, I have Googled this and it comes back as ketchup, would this always be tomato?

Catsup is pronounce ketchup, Anne

Only the English would stuff them with Kiwi fruit Angi!! Nah we just cook ours until they are well dead & serve them up with a lot of onions a bun & maybe a big chunk of steak for good measure. I like mine well cooked too John, only way to go,but I like my steak to talk to me........how about you??

I soak steaks in a mix of vinegar, red wine, olive oil and herbs for a couple of hours prior to BBQing, then use the marinade to baste the steaks until well done!

Snags, only good when well and truly black, with loads of onions and plenty of good old Colemans mustard on to add flavour Carol!!

Aunt bessies york puds scrummy.....

99p for 12 here caz !

OMG Thats cheap me duck B)

I soak steaks in a mix of vinegar, red wine, olive oil and herbs for a couple of hours prior to BBQing, then use the marinade to baste the steaks until well done!

Snags, only good when well and truly black, with loads of onions and plenty of good old Colemans mustard on to add flavour Carol!!

With BBQ's I keep things pretty simple Ann,just some good quality olive oil,garlic is compulsory!! & seasoning. Marinating chook in Honey Soy & Garlic is my favourite,& don't over cook them. Is your BBQ a kettle or just a hot plate? the kettle is great, makes a great roast,only way to cook when it's scorching hot,trouble is our verandah is too hot to stand on in the summer,so we have to make sure we have our thongs at the ready. !tanning!

Just had my Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire pud,it was delish. And now I know what makes them so pricey,not only were they imported from the UK but before they got to Victoria they were in Western Australia,well travelled puds hence the price tag. I was talking to someone yesterday who told me in the UK you can now get spray cheese,how disgusting,anybody had any & if so is it as revolting as it sounds?? !sickly!

I have a BBQ on a trolley with alid, an electric George Forman and I have just bought a smoker. This looks like a dustbin with handles. We tried it on Saturday with chicken and Musquette pellets, could eat that all day. Put fish in as well, came out cooked, smoked and ready to eat. Cannot wait to try the veg.

I like gadgets, so when my daughter drew my attention to the smokers i could not resist. Probably only get used once a year and then stored.

Cannot use garlic 'cause the other half doesn't like it. Have tried honey, orange juice and rum as a marinade with pork, that is fantastic.

Just need the weather to hald for another couple of days and we should be fine.

Ann lips0